chapter 16

Held between heaven and hell.
-cold.

He brought me to a garden. That garden has a swing. That garden is filled with memories of my high school time. I was here before! Dad and I used to live here!

I ran up to the swing and sat on it. He had a happy look on his face as he is staring at me.

"What?" I asked and he smirked.

"Nothing."

I ignored him and played with the swing. Then, he stopped me.

"Do you remember the scene here? The Daisy." He asked.

Daisy? What scene?

"No."

Suddenly, he placed his hands at my shoulder, shaking me violently.

"You got to remember something! Why did you remember everybody but not me? I'm your boyfriend!" He shouted and cuddle his legs on the ground after he finished his sentence. Wait... is he crying?

My boyfriend? Since when I got a boyfriend? Why is he so emotional? He's scary!

"I don't know anything. I'm sorry if you feel that way. I'm going." I said and stood up. But he grabbed my wrist.

"No. Don't go." He said.

I'm going! Gosh. He's scary!

"Let go!" I shouted.

Then, he stood up and hugged me tightly.

"You got to remember something! I saved you from Grazzle! I divorced with Amelia because of you! I love you so much." He shouted and my I'm starting to have a headache.

"I don't! Mr Hugo, Let go." I said and cried. I just want to lose sight of him.

I struggled for a moment until he let me go.

"I'm sorry." He says apologetic.

"Go away!" I shouted and ran. Far away from him. I could hear him shouting for me behind but I ignored.

Not knowing which direction i was running, I saw a meadow ahead and that meadow is so beautiful.

I sat there and cried my heads off. Hugo is so scary. Why is he shaking me violently and asking me weird questions? Why does my head hurts when he tell me the answers to his question?

I hugged my feet and cried all the way till I calm down.

I want to go home. But I don't know kamila address. So, I planned to call her.

I took out my phone and it's low in battery. Urgh... then how am I supposed to go home?

I start to walk around and soon, the sky turned dark. I am starting to feel scared. I'm all alone in the dark.

Suddenly, there's a voice behind me.

"Christine? Is that you?" The familiar voice speaks.

Wait... that's Grazzle. I thought he's in jail?

"Grazzle? I thought..." I starts to shiver. I am scared.

"I just got out of jail yesterday. What are you doing here?" He asked.

Why am I even talking to him?

"I... I can't find my way home. I don't know kamila address." I sturtted. Now, I just want to go home.

"I heard what had had happened to you. Come, let me bring you home." He said and I followed him.

I think I should trust him.

X.

Indeed my choices are right for believing in him. He really did bring me home to kamila! Then, he pressed the doorbell. The door dokn opened and Mr Hugo was the one there.

"Christine!" He shouted and hugged me tightly.

I'm still scared of him.

"Let go!" I shouted and soon Kamila and Mr pankanstin come.

"Christine! Where did you go?" Kamila asked as she hugged me next after Hugo let go.

"I lost my way." I said.

"Boy, you're cold. Come, let's get you inside." Kamila said and pulled me in. But before going in, I got to thank Grazzle.

"Thank you." I said and he smiles. After that he leaves with his dad.

Kamila sat down with me on the couch and warm my cold and clammy hands. She just stare at me before she could say anything.

"I heard what happened between you and Hugo. And, I reprimanded him. He won't be that reckless anymore." Kamila said and smiles. Trying to soothe my nerves.

After that she gave a death glare at Hugo and Hugo leaves. Then, she speaks again.

"There's something I need to tell you." She said, looking worried.

"What?" I asked, looking at her.

"Dr bartley mentioned that you lost some parts of your memory. Thats why you can't remember Hugo." She said.

So probably what Hugo had said earlier was true.

I looked up and asked, "Am I really his girlfriend?"

And, she nods.

"Both of you are so sweet together. Sweeter than honey." She laughs and pat my head.

"Well, I will tell you more when the times come. You had a long day today. Go and rest." She says and leave me alone, sitting on the couch.

X.

The next morning, I went to Mr pankanstin office, to start on my course. Time past rather quickly and these few months I've been busy with literature, getting a diploma in it. Henry and kamila are together and kamila told me a lot about Hugo too. Now, I knew eighty five percent of my past with him. The last time both of us talked is at the garden.

This evening, I got back home and Kamila is already at home.

"Christine, tomorrow is Hugo birthday. Would you like to join in to give him a surprise party? You haven't seen him for ages."

"Okay." I said.

Well, at least I could do something for my 'boyfriend'.

Henry, kamila and I decorated the house with 'happy birthday' and balloons. The most important thing is, I baked red velvet cake for him. Well, kamila insisted.

And... the day finally come. Kamila lied to him that she wanted to pass him something but the truth is, we are giving him a surprise!

Everybody's here. Mr pankanstin, grazzle,Henry and of course kamila. All of them were prepared and in their positions.

And... the time comes. The doorbell rang and kamila went to open it. Here he comes!

"SURPRISE!" All of us shouted.

His eyes instantly widened when he sees the decoration and then, his attention is on me. Well, I smiled slightly and took out the red velvet cake, with candles lit.

"Happy birthday Hugo." I said and asked him tl blow the candle. He looked happy. This is the first time I see him that happy.

After he blows the candle, he speaks.

"Thank you everyone for this surprise. Especially you, Christine." He looked at me and I gave him my shy smile.

"I hope it doesn't taste bad. I baked it for the first time tough." I said and he took one bite of the cake.

"Doesn't taste bad. Thank you." He mumbled while he was munching the cake.

So, the party started and Hugo and I talked a lot. He seems not that scary anymore since the last time.

Before the party end, he asked me if I wanted to go to a carnival with him tomorrow. Reluctantly, I agreed.

Well, we'll see. I think we would have a great time.