Chapter 8

Nothing haunt us like the things we don't say

-Mitch Albom

"What do you think you are doing Amelia?" Hugo shouted behind. I looked up at him. His eyes is blazing with fury. This time, he is really really mad.

"I was going to give her a lesson!" Amelia shouted. Both of them shouted while i was still on the ground, freezed. This must stop! I'm sick of it.

Suddenly, there's an adrenaline rushed through my bones. I quickly stood up and give Amelia a slap. Then, everything seems to stop.

"Enough! you two. I'm sick of all these quarreling and fighting, accusing each other, pushing faults and blaming each other! I have already said it's all my fault! I should go." I shouted as tears streamed down my cheeks. I'm really sick of all these but i still love Hugo. I don't want to go. But, i have to.

I ran away. From the reality. From Hugo. From the house. From everything.

"Christine!" Hugo shouted from behind. I ignored him and continue running. I bared with my sprained ankle which i sprained when Amelia pushed me to the ground. That's why Hugo caught up with me. I can't run fast. He caught up with me in the woods near his house. Woods, a place where i can hide.

"Christine stop!" He shouted breathlessly as he hold grip of my wrist. Indeed, i stopped. My heart and soul betrayed me. But, i still can't bare to see him.

It's like the whole universe stop. Silence is in between us. He was staring down at me, trying to catch his breath.

"What were you thinking? Don't you love me anymore?" Hugo said, sadly.

Of course i do. But, look what i have done.

"Christine, answer me." He said.

Then, my leg gave in. I fell to the ground as i can't hold my sprained ankle no much longer. He quickly hold me and pressed my head against his chest. I could, too feel his tears dripping down from his cheeks to my face.

"Your ankle are sprained. Come, let me bring you home and apply medication to it." He said and tried to carry me up. But, i stopped him.

"No. I just want to stay here, with you."

Then,he held me even tighter. The rest of the day drifted and soon, it is going to be dusk. It is really time for us to go before we got lost in the wood. He carried me into his car and he brought me home. Once we reached, he quickly apply medications to my injured ankle. When, i was just staring at him.

He looked up and i smirked at him.

"What's so funny?" His eyebrows raised.

"You."

He smiles and than suddenly turn serious again.

"Don't you ever do that to me again."

"Do what?"

He pauses and out of the sudden, he is on top me and i'm lying on the couch.

"Don't try to act innocent with me, miss Koh."

Then, he kissed me on my forehead and continued with my ankle.

"All looking mighty mighty fine. Well, i guess i could cook you some dinner." He said, cheerfully. Happy hugo is back.

"Well, Mr hugo, i don't have any ingredients in the refrigerator. I don't really cook." I said.

"Then, what do you normally eat?" He asked.