Chapter 10

"Explain yourself!" mother screamed at me anger radiating off of her.

The boys, mother and I were gathered in the living room after she basically dragged me upstairs away from the public and away from the guy I was with.

I hesitated on what to say, I was a bit drunk, most of it leaving my body system once I saw her.

"There's no explaining to do I went out, drank and I was with a guy." I spoke with everyone's gaze on me.

"I don't understand you Maya-"

"You never understand me" I shot at her.

"Look at yourself Maya, you went out to drink and not only once but twice, because I got told that you went out yesterday as well, I've told you not to drink haven't I."

"Are you scared that I'd go back to how I was" I angrily spat.

"Shut up! Don't you ever speak of that again. I will make sure you don't ever ruin your life like that. Why were you with a guy, he was probably taking you up to his room wasn't he, and you were following him ready to give yourself to him. If I hadn't taken a plane here from London right after Ana called me you'd be up there in a stranger's bed"

"What were you doing in London?" she hates London for some reason; every time I get a job offer there she ends up denying it. It's something that I'll never understand because she hates speaking of it and she just hates me when I ask her about it.

Her face paled, and I knew she was hiding something. "None of your business."

I let it go knowing that I would never receive a reason behind her finally going to London. "Why are they here?" I said pointing at the boys who looked lost as well wondering why they were here if they were just going to be listening to mother and I arguing.

"I have to talk to them. Harry I heard you have a girlfriend, can you explain that to me."

"You fucking told her?" he said turning to me.

"I didn't tell her I told Ana" I defended myself.

"It's the same thing; you knew she'd tell her. They couldn't know. Why did you do it?"

"Because I could"

"Oh yeah, well guess what I can say"

"I don't have a boyfriend" I said smirking knowing he had nothing to say about me.

"You don't but, you sure were fucking Dyl last night."

There it was, the bomb finally ticked and exploded.

"Maya Harred, you fucking slut." She said charging at me.

The boys quickly stood up and I felt Liam grab me and moved me behind him, while the boys grabbed mother stopping her from getting at me.

"It was a joke mom, I swear I didn't" I cried behind Liam.

"Stop calling me that! Maya, you are a piece of trash; you are not worth everything I've done for you."

"Mom please, I was mad and I said it, you have to believe me" I bravely made my way to her ignoring Liam's requests to get back to him. "Mother please" I begged her.

She looked down at me and spoke "you're a joke Maya" and just like that she was out.

"You- I hate you Harry, how could you" I sobbed lowering myself to the ground.

"I- Maya how was I supposed to know it was a joke?"

"Leave, just leave me alone" I said hoping everyone could get the memo and leave. "Leave!" I yelled seeing everyone still standing above me with pity in their eyes.

The boys left without a word but Harry stayed. He sat down next to me and stayed there while I cried.

"Maya I really am sorry, I didn't mean to have caused this."

"Is it bad that I hate her?" I said looking up to him through my tears.

"I guess I can't give you an answer for that, I have always loved my mum, and I would never hate her, but your mother is... different, she- I'm sorry to say this Maya but I don't think your mother loves you"

"Don't worry Harry; I've known that since I was small"

"I'm sorry Maya."

"It's fine, there is always arguments with her. I'm used to them; it just hurts knowing that I love her without having her love me back."

"What did you mean by going back to how you were?"

"You caught that. I've had a past Harry, that's all you should know"

"I hope you could tell me about it someday."

"Why did you joke about being with Dyl though?"

"Because I love you Harry, I've never had someone care for me and then you came and all you've cared for was my well-being up to the moment you told me you were with Kendall. Harry I'm jealous, I want you and I to be something. Being with you has made me understand that there is so much more in life than pain. I want this to be real Harry, I want you" I thought within me, finally admitting myself the feelings I have towards him. But I couldn't tell him that.

"Because I was drunk"

"Oh"

"How are you and Kendall?"

"Fine, we're doing well"

I laid my head on his shoulder and sighed.

"Maya, why did it happen to us?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why was it me and you in the contract?"

"Because I fell down and ruined our lives."

"No, like, why not Niall or Louis? And you ruined nothing, don't ever say that again."

"Because... Louis and Niall don't have a womanizer image"

"That's bullshit Maya; I don't go sleeping around with every girl I am seen with"

"Don't get mad at me, that's what the contract said. And if you say you aren't then I believe you. But you are cheating on me Harry, what does that say about yourself" I playfully teased him.

"It says that I'm fucking blind not to see that I have a beautiful fake girlfriend whom I should not be cheating on" he said wiping my tears.

______________________________

So July 26, 2015...zayn