Chapter 58

I was changing into something formal for the court trial. For some reason everyone seemed to want to go. Here in Anne's house were, all the boys, Lou and Lux, and their families.  Even Ethan was here with his family. Harry seemed nervous about this whole thing. Everyone was acting a bit different though, every time I was present in a room quietness would overtake the voices and looks would be given towards me. I knew that this trial was important, but I wasn't scared of it, why would everyone else be? It was time to leave and everyone scurried to their car. I was with Harry, Ali in the back in her car seat.

"I'm here for anything, you understand." Harry said to me.

"I understand."

"No matter what happens, or what you find out promise me that you will control yourself, just remember that we now have a daughter too."

I turned to him, seeing him look out front to the street. "Why do you keep saying this stuff? What will happen, everyone seems to know something that I don't. Why don't you just get me out of this and tell me what it is so that you and everyone else can act back to normal." I was mad, or sad not sure but I was afraid that they would be hiding something important from me.

"I'm sorry it's nothing really, I just want you to know that I will always have your back."

I sighed and thanked him. The rest of the ride was quiet except for Ali's once in a while noises.

We were finally here. I got out of the car and got Ali out bringing her in with me. Harry brought her bag and walked next to me, his hand on my waist. Everyone else was behind us, still no one spoke. I got to the reception desk and told them my name, an officer then guided us to a room. We entered and headed to our side. We all took our places, in the table in front was Harry's lawyer who was here for me. Harry and I took a seat next to him. As we were all finally seated the judge entered next. The room was quiet eerie.

"Please bring her in" said the judge.

So it was a her.

Before the doors opened Harry turned to me and grabbed my hand, "I'm so sorry."

I gave him a confused face, I turned around only to have my heart feel like it was taken from me.

Pain.

That's all I felt.

This is what they were all hiding, they were all here to make sure I would be fine. This is why Harry would always seem nervous.

I saw her walk all the way to the table she was to go to. She never looked at me, but my gaze was on her, every step she took I followed her. She sat down, still not meeting me.

"Now Ms. Maya" mother laughed interrupting the mayor, "we know of everything that happened but there are some stuff you still don't know and we need her to tell you before we figure out what to do with her. Now will someone please bring in Rachel Harred up front."

I still didn't understand, and I honestly didn't want to. Please, I just hope this is all a dream.

She made her way up and finally she looked at me. Tears left my eyes, while she just wore a smile. I loved her, how could she?

The lawyer for us went up to her and said soemthing to her about only saying the truth, I paid no attention to him, I just kept looking at her.

"Now tell us everything." Demanded the mayor.

She smiled once again at me and started.

"I was in need of money back then. A friend told me of an idea and not wanting to be nothing I went along with it. I went to the hospital late at night one day. Going to the nursing area I looked for a baby-"

No, she couldn't have.

"I was aware of whose baby I would be stealing. I got in when the coast was clear and took baby Lia Teasdale from her family."

Lia Teasdale?

"I took her to the US with me and with the help of some people I made her my baby. Maya Harred."

I couldn't believe it. She was not my mother. I wasn't Maya Harred. I was Lia Teasdale. Teasdale.

I turned around seeing Lou. Lou Teasdale. Lou had a missing daughter.

"I raised her. I made her someone, for the benefit of myself. But oh were you a pina in the ass Maya, or Lia may I say. You were always disobeying me. I wanted things my way."

She wanted me to make her into someone. She guided my life for her benefit.

"When you told me you were pregnant I wasn't happy. You were going to ruin me with that bastard little child. I needed to get it out of the way. And no you didn't loose it accidentally."

She caused it.

"I gave you a pill the next day, didn't take long for it to get out of you. I then took you to LA, had to leave the baby's daddy behind."

She killed my baby.

"Then you become attached with some other guy, what was his name? Oh yeah Leo. Oh may he rest in peace." She laughed.

Leo.

"He was distracting you, and I couldn't have that."

Leo's death wasn't an accident.

" I just had to get rid of him Lia. I caused his crash. Oh he had it coming."

I lived with a murderer.

"Such an awful death. I should've had planned something less hurtful."

She killed Leo.

"Then I got you to be an angel, oh I regret it."

I met Harry there.

"The Harry came along, and I can't believe I got you with him. You weren't supposed to fall in love with him. But you did, and I had to do something."

Kendall.

"I paid Kendall to be there. Fun wasn't it? But you ruined it and found out. But I was still in the game. I let you be only to bring her back in, pregnant that is. And being the sweetheart you are gave up. You lost to a girl who wasn't even pregnant, shame on you Lia."

This was all a game for her.

"But you got back, and I knew that I had to end it. I no longer wanted you in my game."

I was shot.

"It was perfect wasn't it. You had your kiss with Harry and then bam, right through your back. But I guess you still wanted to be in my game. Ugh you survived and had the kid. But I didn't want you anymore, I could not change you anymore so I needed someone...younger."

Ali.

"You had your child, and having lost you due to the fact that Lou knew you were the missing daughter I did what I had to. And then I found myself back to the day I took you, but now I was taking your daughter. But it didnt work out, my game was over, and I lost. It was all fun though. I enjoyed it."

She ruined me.

"So that's it. The end."

Next thing I know I'm next to her my hands on her. Someone grabbed me from the back getting me away from her.

"You always hated me. You meant so much to me, you were everything to me and all I meant to you was a piece in your game" I was crying hysterically. My whole life had been a lie.

"Take her out" said the judge, and the officers followed shortly taking Rachel with them.

I cried in Harry's arms.
_____________________________
There are like two chapters left.