Chapter 54

Harry's POV

I can't get the words through my head right away. What does she mean? I'm the father?

"What?" I ask completely dumbfounded.

"You are the dad Harry. You and Maya are parents." Louis smiles.

"But, Ethan?"

"It's a long story. You see before all this Maya had a boyfriend, Ethan. They were young and in love. She got pregnant with him. She told her mother but never Ethan, she didn't have the chance. She lost the baby. Now that he was here she wanted to give him a sense of how it could have been when they were together. But Ethan has a family now, he really wanted to tell you, but he cares for Maya, so he never said a word. Harry all of Maya's past relationships have ended badly. First Ethan, I mean you now know what happened. She was hurt by all of it. Then her second boyfriend died. Then you, she's said to us how it is all difficult for her and how she has gone through a lot in each relationship." Lou explains to me.

I can't believe it. It all made sense, and now all I wanted was for my girls to get better.

"She told me the gender before she told anyone else" I quietly say.

"She had her reasons, you are the dad" Lou smiled through her pain.

I was even more worried now, not only was my love in the hospital but my daughter as well. Finally understanding everything I broke down. My mum quickly came to me and when I told her my reason, she broke down with me.

We had been in the hospital for five hours now and we still had no news. Everyone was a nervous wreck.

The doors finally opened and a doctor came towards us. "Family for Maya Harred."

Lou quickly stood up, the doctor making her way to her and everyone else towards them.

"We have some news. Maya was brought here with a bullet shot through her back shoulder blade. She was losing a lot of blood and we couldn't get her to stabilize herself. We had to act quick and take not only her life into consideration but the baby's as well. We decided to get the child out. Because of what we did the baby of course is premature. She is already taken care of, she is having problems breathing on her own as of now, we are hoping that she will be able to breathe on her own in the next few weeks. The difficult thing here is Maya. She lost a lot of blood and, we got the bullet successfully out, but she still doesn't respond. She is unconscious as of now and she isn't accepting the blood transfusions. I'm sorry but Maya is under difficult conditions. We can let one person visit the baby girl, as for Maya you can go see her, not inside the room but you can see her through the window. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me or any of the nurses."

"I'll be going to visit the baby" I tell him.

"Please come with me then."

"We'll be outside Maya's room" Lou tells me and I nod.

I follow the doctor to a room where he tells me to change into some scrubs. I do so and then follow him to the room where my baby girl is. Once inside I see many babies in little incubators though I follow him to one in the very back. "This is the baby" he tells me and leaves.

I put my eyes on her. She is small, so small. Her eyes are closed but I'm hoping she has the amazing eyes Maya has. She looks so peaceful. My baby girl.

"Do you want to caress her?" a nurse asks me.

I nod not able to find my words. She gives me some gloves and tells me to put in my hand in the little window. I do as she says, my hand is inside the incubator and I can feel the warmness. My hand reaches for her little hand. I softly caress her. I put my index finger in her little hand making her close her small hand wrapping onto my finger. I can't believe the scene in front of me, and not wanting ever to forget this moment or this feeling I grab my phone and take a quick picture of our hands. I keep looking at her, seeing how fragile she looks.

"Are you the father?" asks the nurse.

"Yeah" I respond looking back at my baby.

"I'll come back later. I need to see how the mum is doing." She nods back and I leave towards Maya's room.

It's easy to find seeming as there is a group of people outside of her room. I make my way to the front of the glass and see her. She's is her bed, lifeless no color on her. Nurses are with her checking on her. Quietness surrounds me and all I can hear is the beeping noise taht tells us she is alive. I feel arms wrap around me, I turn to see who it is. Lou.

"I don't want to lose her" I break down.

"We won't." Lou seems strong, she has faith I know.

We stay there and suddenly I remember that no one has been able to see my daughter.

"Guys, I got a picture of my baby." Those words quickly made everyone surround us.

I showed them a picture of her earning gushes about her. Everyone, at least for a moment seemed happy. We were all smiling, I kept getting congratulations while my phone was being passed down to the next friend. It was all going well for a few minutes but it seems that even this couldn't be a lasting happiness.

"Family of Maya Harred."

It was the cops.

"We found the person behind the gun. The person is with the name of..."

______________________________

Who do you think it was?