Chapter 5: Family

The day is wet, rainy. No birds are chirping, and no one seems to be out. Four families mourn the disappearance of their children. Even though they are old enough to take care of themselves the loss is great. Jordan's mother Mackenzie was waiting for her eldest daughter to come home from the carnival with her youngest daughter. They were supposed to be home at 7, and it was 9. Frantic she calls Briantae's mother, Terry in hopes they are with her at her house. "No, I thought they were with you." Terry says sounding worried. "I'll go check the carnival." she says in a shaky voice hanging up, grabbing her keys.

 Starting the car she drives to the carnival only to see the police there. Fearing the worse she gets out of the car and runs up to the nearest officer. "Sorry ma'am this is an enclosed area." He says "Please officer my children were here and never came home." she pleads. The officer was about to respond when he was cut off by a high pitched voice screaming out "Mommy!" Mackenzie looks over recognizing the voice, she see's her youngest daughter, Mikaela. Getting down on her knee's she oopens her arms as Mikaela ran into her arms. 

Crying she picks her up and holds her tight as another officer walks up to her."Miss this child was found in and abandoned carnival tent, she is yours i presume?" She tells Mackenzie. "Yes, yes she is she was here with my eldest daughter and her friend, they would never  leave her." Mackenzie gasps out still crying. Looking at her colleague she turns again toward the scared mother. "We found clothes that looked like girls clothes, would you be able to look at them?" she asks.

 "Yes, of course!" While they lead her to the found items she calls Briantae's mom who is on her way. Upon seeing the clothes she recognizing the Wolverine shirt, Jeans and converse. Stifling a sob, she chokes out "Yes, those are hers." They lead her o an ambulance where they check Mikaela while Briantaes mom recognizes the clothes too. While waiting for them to finish checking Mikaela she gets a call from Kylie's mom Tammy. "Mackenzie, Kylie's gone all that is here is the clothes she was wearing today in the back yard, and we've checked every where, is she with Jordan?!" Tammy spurts. "No, no I haven't seen her but Jordan and Briantae are gone too." She says. "I'll look for all of them tell me if you know anything." Tammy says before hanging up.

 Then looking at her messages she sees one from her mom. It says "I can't find Madi she never came home and they found her car at a gas station along with her clothes." Frowning she calls her mom explaining that Jordan and her friends are gone too. Once they're done with Mikalea she takes her to the car and drives home. Getting home she puts Mikaela to bed and goes to bed her self. But she doesn't sleep, she lays awake weeping. Hoping, Praying that her baby girl is ok. All the other moms do this to. The loss is great, all they can do is pray and hope.