Chapter 11

I was meant to post in the weekend. But since being back with my family, I've been super busy.

Hope you all enjoy it.xx

...

...

My heart drops and shatters into a million pieces. Yet I don't look back at him "We shouldn't do this here we both aren't thinking clearly" I say and press on

"Leila second door on your right" pressing my ear to the door that Cameron tells me I hear voices. Slowly unlocking the door and pushing it open I see my niece cowering in one corner and the Russian representative sitting in his chair motioning her to come to him. I press my gun to the back of his head without even thinking twice I shoot him.

"Aunty" I hear her whimper "Aunty Lei" She cries and runs up to me hugging me and holding me for dear life.

We could hear other rooms being raided, people crying and shots being fired "Let's go"...

...

...

I'm sitting in my office with the doctor stitching me up and checking over the vitals of the baby. Michael and Dillon had driven Alexandra home, Cameron currently sits in my office with me. He watches me curiously, opens his mouth then closes it

"Were you going to tell him about the baby?" I nod my head

"Of course I was, today after work but my hit never went the way I planned... I did tell Elizabeth because she saw the signs first before I did... He wants a divorce Cam" he nods. The doctor walks out of the room "I won't fight it but if that is what he wants then I won't stop him"

"I've known him for a long time Lei, he's my best friend... He just always thought that he would marry someone who isn't like him, someone who wasn't a trained fighter, he loves you I know that but he isn't thinking clearly" I shake my head at him as I stand up grabbing my car keys

"We both know that he always thinks with a clear head" I say as I help him up

"Yes I do know that but when it comes to anything to do with you, he never does"

Once I walked through the door, Olivia and Andrew had taken the kids along with Michael up to Elizabeth's place where I dropped Cameron off. Receiving a hug from each of them before turning down towards my place, I regretted leaving them.

I take a deep breath and walk in the door. I am greeted by silence, absolute silence until I walk into the kitchen to grab a drink where I find Dillon at the table with a beer in his hand. I move to the fridge and grab a drink out and stay at my place in my kitchen.

By the time I had finished my drink, the silence was killing me "If you want to go through with the divorce I won't stop you... I lied, a big fat lie but I did it to protect you, what happened to Alexandra today was the one thing I fear would happen to you" he picked up his bottle and tipped it back "I've made enemies Dillon and killed enemies because the thought of protecting my family is what was driving me, I let myself get taken and look what happens, I do love you Dillon but you shouldn't deserve a wife who lied when she exchanged wedding vows and lies everyday of your marriage to her" I place the cup in the sink and as I leave the room I hear him say 'You're right'

Walking upstairs to our bedroom I begin to pack my bags. Tears fall onto the clothes, the letter I had written a few days ago I stuck to the mirror in the bedroom. It contained everything about what I do and why I do it, practically all the information he needed to know to clear any doubts or worries in his mind which I know will be there. I imagined something completely different to what has just happened today. I hoped he would see the good intentions behind the bad decisions I've made but that didn't work. I was hoping the whole time whilst preparing to tell him, that the reaction would be better than what is happening now.