Chapter 1

"Lucy! Come down here please!" Mom yells up to me.
"Why?!" I'm in my room. On my bed actually. And I'm comfortable exactly where I am. There better be a good reason for this.
"Your dress came." Oh my gosh! This is the best reason! I leap off my bed and sprint down the stairs and run into the kitchen. I'm so excited! I've been waiting for my new and first solo dress for forever! Ahhh!!
"Hurry!" I exclaim as my mom tries to cut the paper around the box.
"Don't you tell me to hurry, young lady. I paid for this dress. We could just send it back." Mom says. Goodness.
"Sorry." I mumble quickly. Then she opens the box.
"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!" I scream. It's gorgeous! It's white, blue, and orange with orange flowery things on it!
"That is pretty, Luce!" Mom exclaims. I decide to try it on. When I slip it on I feel so amazing, it's how I've always imagined how Cinderella felt when she first tried on her blue ball dress.
"It seems a little short don't you think?" Mom asks. Oh no! It can't be too short!
"We might have to send it back." Mom says while thoughtfully looking at it, as if trying to decide whether or not she wants to.
"No mom! Please! I love it so much! It's the prettiest dress I've ever had!" I protest, and it's all true! I love it so so much!
"Alright, then why don't you go get your stuff ready for dance and I'll drive you over to the studio for class?" Mom asks. I race up the stairs and grab my dance bag, get changed into some dance clothes, and head back downstairs.
"Can we bring the dress to show Razz?" I ask. I wanna show it off because it's the most gorgeous thing I've ever had.
"Sure! I'll bring it out to the car! Why don't you go sit in the car and I'll get the dress?" Mom asks. I head out to the car and buckle my seatbelt. Then my mom climbs into the driver's seat and we start driving.
"Lucy, do you wanna have your soccer team over for your party?" Mom asks. That's right! My birthday is next Tuesday and my party probably will be next Saturday! I'm so excited, but I haven't even gotten the chance to think about it much!
"Actually, Mom, can I have over some friends from dance and maybe a few from school? Maybe May, Chloe, and Allie from dance and Megan, Annie, and Clarice from the school?"
"Sure! I'll send out the evites when I get back from dropping you off." I can't decide between dance or school so I'll do both! That sounds like a good enough plan, right? I couldn't be more wrong.