Chapter 7

"Alright! Who wants to know their set?" Razz cries out, hitting the off switch on the radio speaker thing. Ooh! I wanna know so badly! I've been dying the whole past hour, so the whole class, to know what set I'm going to be doing!
"We do!" We all shriek excitedly.
"Ok! Chloe is doing Job of Journeywork, Mara, Lauren, and Zoe are doing Blackbird, and Shelby, Morgan, Leigh, and Molly are doing Garden of Daisy, and the rest of you are doing Saint Patrick's Day." Razz announces. We all screech and start chatting immediately with each other about our new sets.

I'm a little disappointed I didn't get chosen to do a "special" set but I mean how can I be mad when I'm even getting the chance to dance a set at Oireachtas?

"Alright! Lemme start teaching the Saint Patrick's Day set to all of you SPD's! Everybody else, break into small groups and break down your Jigs until it's your turn to learn your set!" Everybody splits into small groups and Razz comes over to me and 5 other girls. Razz turns and looks at me with a puzzled face. Uh oh. What'd I do this time?
"Lucy, you're not with the SPD's." Razz says. Wait what?
"What? You said I am." I protest. Am I not doing a set at all?
"Oh! I totally meant to say you're doing Job of Journeywork! I'm sorry! I thought I said you're doing it but I guess not!" Razz explains. Oh my gosh! I'm doing my dream set dance! I can't even believe it!
"Yay! Thanks so much!" I exclaim happily.
Razz laughs and says, "Alright, you go head over to another group and work on your jig, ok?" I nod and head off to Chloe's group.
"You're doing Job too?" Chloe asks and I nod. She hugs me and shrieks in excitement.
"We're the only two! We're, like, special!" She exclaims and I laugh.
"Obviously Razz thought we were the only ones good enough to do Job because why else would we be the only two doing it outta like ten people?" She asks. Ok that was kinda rude but I let it slide because I'm so happy!

(20 minutes later)
I'm breaking down my third jig step with Chloe when Razz finally walks over.
"Job time?" I ask eagerly.
"Job time!" Razz laughs. She begins to show us the first few bars of it and it's harder than I thought. Chloe's grasping it better though, and I feel bad because I feel like I'm holding her back because Razz won't move on until I've gotten each part down pat.
"That's it, Chloe! No Lucy. Don't forget it's tip 1 tip 1 tip 1 up shuffle down then your left foot comes up in the back and comes forward to do a tip." Razz explains. Finally I get it and we can move on. Sheesh I feel really stupid. Maybe Saint Patrick's Day would've been the better set for me, but Razz chose me to do Job because I guess she thought I could handle it so I'll show her that I'm good enough to do it.