Chapter 4

Mom comes up to tell us pizza is here just in time. I don't even know how much longer I can stand these three girls! They legit just made fun of me and irish dance for 30 minutes! We all head downstairs to the dining room, where 6 paper plates each have a steaming slice of pizza on them.
"What have you girls been up to?" Mom asks as we begin eating.
"Nothing much. Showing each other how well we can do stuff babies can do." Megan says. I feel tears welling up in my eyes all over again. But I force them back. I CANNOT cry! I have to show them that I'm stronger than they ever will be!
"And what's that?" Mom asks curiously. No, mom! Please don't ask them that!
"Irish dance." Clarice says.
"Yeah! Lucy tried to teach us but then we realized it was so easy that we didn't need HER as a teacher, or anyone for that matter." Annie says. I can't help it. The tears spill down my cheeks and onto the tablecloth.
"You guys are the worst friends ever! I'm never going to talk to you again!" I exclaim and run out of the dining room. I head straight for the bathroom, and lock the door behind me. But it's only a matter of seconds before my mom's knocking on the door.
"Lucy, what's the matter?" She asks. "Were they making fun of irish dance?"
Oh boy! She doesn't even know the half of it!
"They were making fun of me and the other girls and irish dance for 30 minutes straight, mom! They were being so mean!" I cry. The waterworks are slowing now, but my heart still hurts. I can't believe my best friends turned against me like that!
"Just come out, Luce, and finish your pizza. You're gonna have to come out and finish this party at some point." Mom says. Yeah how about I never come out, never go to school, and never see these girls again? That sounds like a great plan! But I know that I have to go out and face them, at least for the next 45 minutes until their moms pick them up. Until then, I'll just be counting down the minutes till they leave. Correction: I'll be counting down the seconds.