Chapter 6

It's 4:42pm on October 9, 2015. Time to leave for dance! It takes 10 minutes to get there and I wanna make sure I'm there right on time because today's the first day of Oireachtas prep camp! That's right! We have a two week camp with class everyday for 3 hours, and I'm so excited! I just can't wait for Oireachtas! I also have a feis on Saturday, and it's my first one with my reel and treble jig in Prizewinner. The rest of my dances are in novice, but I think it's a good thing that my Oireachtas dances are the ones in the higher level.

I climb into the car, getting excited for camp. I immediately get distracted and I think about the day I had today. Since it's Monday, it's the first time I've seen Annie, Megan, and Clarice since my birthday disaster. (Ooh! Speaking of birthday's, mine is tomorrow! I get to spend it at dance so mom said that I could bring in cupcakes, so I'm super excited about that!) The girls weren't really mean to me, they just ignored me too. So it wasn't a totally awful day!

We pull up at the studio, and I climb out and head inside with my bag.
"Hi, Lucy! You ready for camp?" Anne asks me.
"Yeah! I'm so excited!" I exclaim and Anne smiles.
"Head on in! You're gonna be doing the camp with the novice and Prizewinner girls going to Oireachtas, so head into Studio B!" Anne says. I nod and head down the hall to Studio B. I open the door, and all of the school and friend issues I had been worrying about before just disappeared from my brain. I can't wait to get started!
"Hey, Lucy!" Razz exclaims walking over.
"Hi Razz!" I say and high five her.
"You excited to learn your new set today?" OMG that's right! Apparently I need a set for Oireachtas, and I get to learn it at camp!
"Yeah! I'm so excited!" I shriek.
"Good!" Razz laughs. "I'll be seeing soon if you're going to be doing Job of Journeywork or Saint Patrick's Day! Just slip on your hard shoes and we'll get started!"

I sit down and put on my hard shoes as quickly as I can because I don't wanna waste any time! As soon as they're on, I jump up and head over to the rest of the class. I stand next to Chloe because she's the only other person I know.
"Hey, Lucy!" Chloe whispers so she doesn't get in trouble.
"Hi, Chloe! Are you excited to be getting your set today?" I ask quietly.
"Yeah! I'm super excited! How about you?" She asks. I nod my head but then return my focus to Razz, who's explaining what we're gonna be doing today at class.
"Lucy, why don't you go first for your slow treble jig?" Razz asks.
"Ok!" I say and step out of the line. I wait for the music to begin, point my foot, and begin dancing. I make sure it's the best I've ever danced it so far because I want to get a good set. I finish and head back to the line, waiting for Razz to tell me what I'm doing as a set piece. But she keeps going down the line for hard shoe, so I guess I have to wait. I just don't know how much longer I can wait! I need to find out otherwise I feel like I'm gonna explode!