Chapter 2

We arrive at the studio, and I eagerly run into the building before mom has even gotten my dress out of the trunk. I burst through the door and see Razz behind the desk talking with Anne.
"I got my new dress!" I scream excitedly. Anne and Razz look over at me.
"Lucy, you did? That's amazing!" They exclaim. My mom walks in with my dress.
"It's here!" She sings out. Razz claps her hands together with excitement.
"Can't wait to see it!" Anne says. My mom takes it out of the bag it came it and puts it on me. Immediately Razz sighs. Uh oh! Maybe it is really too short or maybe it's plain ugly for a dance dress.
"Lucy, it's gorgeous!" Razz shrieks. Anne and Razz come out from behind the desk to look at it more closely.
"I was afraid that it's too small." Mom says cautiously.
"Maybe a tiny bit, but it'll last her at least till the Oireachtas!" Razz says. That's right! I'm going to the Mid Atlantic Region Oireachtas next month! I even know how to pronounce Oireachtas correctly! It's O-rock-tus! It doesn't look like it should be pronounced that way, but apparently it's Irish. Who am I to tell the irish that they should change the spelling?!
My mom sighs. "That's what I needed to hear. I didn't want to have to ship it back."
"Is it brand new?" Anne asks.
"No, a girl over in Ireland wore it before us." Mom says.
"I say keep it! Because you never know if she's not gonna grow for awhile or what!" Razz says and Anne nods her head in agreement.
"Yes!" I cry, pumping my fist.
"Lucy, is that your new dress?" Comes a voice. It's Aunt Carol and Lucy.
"Yeah!" I exclaim. I see Chloe eyeing it up. I'm not sure if she's jealous of it, likes it, or hates it.
"It's pretty!" Aunt Carol says and Chloe agrees.
"Alright, Lucy! Why don't you take it off and you can head into class!" Mom says and I take off the gorgeous dress. I say bye to my mom, and head into Studio C. I can't wait for Oireachtas now that I've got this stunning dress!