Chapter 12

Jasper's POV

After Carlisle left, I had taken Bella to a spare room. I shut the door behind us, and I turned to face her. She was staring at me, fear clearly written on her face. Good. This would make it so much easier. I stared at her for a moment, then began asking the questions.

"Why did you ask Carlisle those questions?" I said.

"I told you, I was curious," she responded.

"No, you're lying," I stated, taking a step closer. "Why are you jealous of Alice?"

"I'm not... jealous..." Bella said, leaning away from me.

"Lie. Why are you jealous of Alice?" I asked again, taking another step closer.

"I'm not," she repeated.

I shook my head. "Lie," Taking another step closer, I said, "I'm going to ask you again. Why are you jealous of Alice?" By now, Bella was sitting on the bed, leaning away from me again.

"Jasper, I promise I'm not jealous."

I knew she was lying, and that she wasn't going to tell the truth anytime soon. This fueled my anger. "Liar!" I hit my hand against the dresser, causing it to break and tip forward. I ignored the crash of glass shattering and wood splintering. "I'm not going to ask you again, Bella. Why are you jealous of Alice?" Now, she was completely flat on the bed, eyes wide with fear. I was leaning over her, and I was glaring. My hands were on the bed next to her head, and I was this close to full on shouting at her.

"Jasper, please, stop!" Bella cried out in fear.

"Answer the question!" I shouted at her. "Why are you so jealous of her? Why do you hate her so much?"

Bella slipped under my arm and headed for the door, but I grabbed her arm and yanked her back. "You are going to stay here until I get an answer. I want to know why you hate Alice so much. Don't forget, I have eternity, Bella. You only have years if you're human. We can do this the easy way, or the hard way," I tightened my grip. "Tell the truth. Why are you jealous of her?" I hissed at her, and her eyes widened even more. She was terrified now.

Bella opened her mouth to speak, but just then the door opened, and Edward was standing there. When he saw us, he spoke up. "Jasper, stop! What are you doing to her?"

Bella slipped out of my grasp and ran to Edward, crying. He placed his hands on her shoulders, and looked at her face. He must've seen the fear there, because he looked up at me and said, "What did you do to her?"

It was then he saw the shattered glass and the splintered wood on the floor. "What happened in here?"

I glared at Edward. "Nothing. I was only talking to Bella and asking her a few questions."

Edward shook his head, not believing me. "It seems like you were doing more than just talking," He looked at Bella again. "Bella, come with me," He took her downstairs and to the living room.

I followed them, still angry with Edward for interrupting my questions.

He sat on the couch and placed Bella next to him. "What happened with Jasper, Bella?"

Bella only shook her head and cried, placing her hands over her face. Edward placed a hand on her shoulder, and she immediately turned towards him, burying her face in his chest.

At that moment, the rest of the family came in. They all stopped when they saw Edward on the couch, Bella crying into his shirt. Carlisle turned to me and spoke four words in the angriest and darkest tone I never thought I'd hear him use.

"What did you do?"