People Arent Always What They Seem

Sonic's POV
I didn't really know how to cover up my cuts without it being suspicious. I couldn't wear a sweater because it was summer, and seriously who wears a sweater in summer? Maybe I should just call off the meet with Shadow. It would be so embarrassing to have him see me like this. He hates me and he's my rival, he doesn't care if I cut myself till I bleed to death.

I think I'm going to call it off, I can't let him see me like this. Ugh!! Why did I tell him we needed to talk?

Shadow's POV
I was waiting until noon, it was already 11:58. Sonic would be here any minute now. Speaking of Sonic (not literally speaking, but you know what I mean), I can't stop thinking of him. I think about food, then think about how Sonic favorite food is chili dogs. Everything I think about has to somehow come back to Sonic. I really think I'm falling for him. Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic's rival, falling for Sonic. Unheard of. Yet it's true, I'm falling for him.

Okay seriously, it's 12:20, and he's not here yet. Okay I understand he's probably still in pain but 12:20?!?! I hope he didn't forget. Just as I thought that, Sonic texted me saying "Shadow we can't meet today, things came up. Well schedule another time, okay?"  I replied saying
"Sure. What came up that's so important?" He was hesitant to respond, either that or he takes 5 minutes to read 2 short sentences. He finally replied saying
"Stuff"
"Like?"  I asked him
"Stuff okay, stop acting like you care!"  I started to laugh, if he could hear me I'd be on the ground being beat at the moment.
"Oh... So that's what this is about"
"What do you mean?" Sonic asked
"I'm coming over whether you like it or not Sonic, and we're going to talk"
"Nooooo!! You can't do that!!!" He replied quickly, he must be hiding something but what?
"I'm coming over right now, see you then." I said

My phone kept going off as I walked, it was Sonic who kept spamming me saying stuff like "stop" "you can't do that" "don't come here". I just ignored it, I finally got annoyed so I put my phone on Do Not Disturb. Haha! Now you can't stop me Sonic!!

When I got to Sonic's house (which he shares with Tails) I knocked on the door. I hoped Tails was home, because I knew Sonic wouldn't answer the door for his life. To my relief, Tails answered "Hey Shadow!! What brings you here?"
"I need to talk to Sonic, it's important."
"Good luck getting in his room. He's been locked up in there all day."
"Rly? All day? I guess he hasn't gotten over yesterday yet."
"Well yea, he got rapped"
"He planned to meet me today and go out for lunch, but he texted me last minute and said he couldn't because things came up."
"I'll let you talk to him, but he probably won't open the door for you."

I went inside their house. Then Tails showed me where Sonic's room was and went back to work. I knocked on the door and heard Sonic say
"Yea, who is it?"
"Shadow..."
"I told you not to come here"
"Sonic, what's going on? I'm worried about you. Is everything okay?"
"What do you mean? Everything's fine, now go away."
"Sonic I'm not going to go away, now tell me, are you really okay?"
"Yes, now go!"
"Sonic I can Chaos Control, don't make me."
"Go away Shadow!"
After Sonic said that I could hear him walking. I wasn't sure where he was going, but it definitely wasn't towards the door. So I chaos controlled in to find the room empty. Then I noticed another door. I walked up to it and knocked.
"Shadow I told you to go away!!"
"I know, but Sonic, I'm seriously worried about you"
"Why should you worry, you've got better things to do than worry about me!"
"No I don't Sonic! You're not okay, I can hear it in the way you speak! I want to know what's wrong"
"You're my rival, you hate me, you don't care!!"
"Sonic if I could change that night I would. I didn't mean what I said. I care about you, and I consider you a friend"
"You're just saying that so I'll talk to you"
"No I'm not Sonic, I really care. Now open up this door and tell me what's going on"
"NO!"
I chaos controlled into the bathroom and couldn't keep my jaw from falling. I was shocked by what I saw.
There was no word in the world that  could describe what I feel right now.