Abused, Dead, And Shattered

• • •
  3 Days After The Break Up
             • • •

Sonic's POV
I felt dead inside. I felt like I ghost. I had been sitting here by this tree ever since we broke up. I couldn't return to that house. It reminded me too much of him. Like I said before I know it's dangerous out here, but I don't care. My life means nothing anyway, why not take the risk.

Shadow's POV
It's rained ever since Sonic and I broke up. Coincidence much? I really wonder how Sonic's doing, but I promised myself I wouldn't see him. Even though it was raining, I decided to take a walk. I decided to walk through a forest, because nobody would look for me there. As I was walking I saw a tree, this tree was close to a cliff. There was something odd about it though, and I didn't know what that was.

I looked around the tree and I saw him. I saw Sonic. He looked absolutely horrible!! He was skinnier than I've ever seen him before, he had bags under his eyes, and his blue fur was faded and covered in water and dirt. He had cuts and bruises all over his body, and his eyes weren't the beautiful emerald green, they were faded and unfocused. Had he been beating himself?

He noticed me there. He looked at me for a short time. We made eyes contact, but he looked as if he was looking right through me. He then looked back towards the water below the cliff. He was different, so different I wouldn't even recognize him if I wasn't smart. I felt horrible for what I had done to him, and put him through. I stood there shocked for awhile. Then I made my way over to him. I didn't know what to do. So I hugged him. I pulled him close to me, and held him tightly.

He didn't even try to resist me, he just let it happen. It felt like he was dead, but he wasn't. His body was cold, freezing cold, and he was so bony. Tears started to fall down my face, I felt horrible. This was all my fault, I should've stayed strong. I shouldn't have let those people get to me.

I had to get him to a hospital. I picked him up and started walking out of the forest. Once I got out of the forest I noticed he was unconscious, I had to hurry. I ran to the hospital and yelled out
"Someone help!! My friend needs help now!!"
The lady at the desk told me to calm down, but when she saw Sonic she Immediately called for help.

Nurses came and carried him off to a room. I watched as they carried him away wondering 'What have I done?'. All I could do is sit and wait. Sit and wait while thinking
'This is what Maria meant...'