Chapter 68

I had no freaking Internet 😒👊 this sucks! At least I had time to write 😅 it's something I've been wanting to do for a few weeks 😔 well I hope you enjoy ❤️

*warning at the end* 😱

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

"Deanna is organizing a party to welcome us into the community" Glenn told Sam as they sat together in the living room. Everyone else was showering, sleeping, or doing something else.

"Really?" Sam raised an eyebrow at him with a smile "that's nice"

"Yeah," Glenn nodded his head. It felt weird that they can do those things now.

"When is it?" Sam asked interested.

"Tomorrow"

"Maybe you can finally get that first married couple dance with Maggie" Sam smirked at him as she noticed a small smile play on his lips.

"And maybe Daryl will dance with you" Glenn bumped his elbow against her arm.

"Maybe" Sam shrug, not much of a smile on her face anymore. Dancing was something she knew Daryl would never do. And when she says never, she means never.

"Where is he anyway" Glenn asked looking around for the hunter "Haven't seen much of him lately"

"Outside on the porch" Sam simply answered before quickly changing the subject. Which successful worked.

Daryl sat on the porch as he didn't want to be inside the house. He felt like a caged animal in these walls. He felt like he didn't belong. He saw the way everyone looked at him. It was the look he always got before. The look of judgement. They were judging him by his appearance. Never even gave him a chance to prove himself. Aaron had told him about the welcome party. He didn't plan on going and he hoped Sam thought the same. Maybe they can get a couple of hours of alone time without everyone's else being around. First he would have to talk to her about it. He actually hoped she wasn't into the whole dancing thing. He wasn't much of a dancer, at all. But deep down he knew that if she wanted him to learn how to dance, he would. He'd do anything for her and if learning how to dance was something she wanted, he would learn how to in an instant. Even if the idea of dressing up and putting cologne on weirded him out, he would do it for her. Everything he did was for her.

"Hey" her voice snapped him out of his deep thoughts. He turned around to look at her, her beauty amazing him. It made him wonder how she could want someone like him. They were different, yet so alike.

"Hi" Daryl grunted back softly, turning back to leaning on the wooden rail with his forearms.

"Glenn told me Deanna organized a party" Sam started as she made her way over to lean next to him.

"I've heard about it, why you ask?" Daryl raised an eyebrow at her. He prayed to whatever God that was up there that she didn't want to go. And as always, his prayer wasn't accomplished.

"I want to go" Sam admitted, looking down at her hands. She knew what he was going to say, still she wanted to let him know her opinion.

"Sam-" Daryl sighed, running a hand down his face. Although Sam didn't let him finish what he wanted to say.

"I know you don't want to go" she shook her head, looking up at him "even if I want you to go, you don't have to. I'm not forcing you to"

And there it was. She wanted him to go, it was her wish. Something she wanted for the both of them. And as the good person she was, she gave him a choice. To go or not to go. He didn't want to. Not with all the people that's going to be there, looking at him, judging him for showing his soft side, or so he thought. That and he didn't want to make a fool of himself for not knowing how to dance. He would probably step on her foot or fall on his ass.