Chapter 24

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. :)

-Daryl's POV-

We let the woman, named Michonne, rest for a while before we headed out. Rick, Oscar, and Miconne ride in the green car. I took my bike with me. I stop behind them when they pulled over.

"We're going to walk from here" Rick nodded towards the woods. We walked as quietly as we could. Walkers started pouring out of trees.

"Go, go" Rick ordered as we killed any walkers in our way. We ran inside a small cabin and shut the door behind us.

"What's that smell?" Oscar asked and covered his nose. There was a dead animal on the floor.

"It looks like a fox" I coughed slightly. Rick froze where he stood. He nodded at a blanket which looked to have something underneath it. He was about to pulled it off when a man jumped up with a gun.

"What are you doing here?" he glared at us.

"Put your gun down" Rick warned him.

"I'll call the cops" he pointed a gun at us. Cops? doesn't he know what's going on.

"I am a cop" Rick said with his hands up.

"Let me see your badge" The man squinted his eyes.

"It's in my pocket" Rick moved his hand toward his revolver. The man jumped at Rick, before any of us could do anything a sword went through his chest. We all looked at Michonne.

"Go check the back door" Rick order Oscar.

"It's clear" he said when he came back.

"Help me with the body" Rick looked at me.

"At you for real?" Oscar looked at us as if we were crazy. Michone open the door for us. We threw the body out for the walkers and heads to the back door.

It was dark by the time we got to Woodbury. There were guards sanding on a wall.

"How do we get it?" Rick asked Michone.

"There's an opening on the side of the wall. Big enough for all of us" She said and lead us to the opening. When we were in the headed to the nearest building.

"Where are they held at?" we all looked at her.

"I don't know" She sighed.

"What do you mean you don't know?" I growled at her.

"I don't know" she snapped.

"You said you were going to help us" Rick glared at her.

"I'm trying" She glared back. Rick was about to say something to her, but the sound of the door opening interrupted him.

"Your not supposed to be here" a mans voice said. We all quickly hid. The man walked toward our hiding spot. Rick caught him from behind and pointed his gun at his head.

"Where are our people?" He growled.

"I-I don't know" the man stuttered.

"They were taken here. Where are they?" He pressed the gun closer to the mans temple.

"There's a build at the back of the town they might be there. That's all I know" He admitted. Rick hit him in the back of the head, knocking him out.

"Guys, Where the woman?" Oscar asked.

"Doesn't matter she's alone now" Rick said and headed to the door. We found the building they had Glenn and Maggie in. Rick gave me a smoke bomb.

"Make it count"

"We through them in the building and quickly pulled Maggie and Glenn out. We went back to the building from before.

"Daryl, this was Merle. It was. He did this to us" Glenn looked at me. Merle? He's alive?

"You saw him?" I asked shock.

"Face to face. Threw a Walker at me. He was going to execute us" He said. Glenn was beaten to a plump.

"S-So my brother is the governor" I asked shocked.

"No, that's someone one else. Your brother is his lieutenant or something" Maggie spoke up.

"Those he still know I'm still with you?" I asked.

"He does now. Rick, I'm sorry. We told him where the prison was. We couldn't hold out" Glenn apologized.

"Don't. No need to apologize." Rick sighed.

"I need to go find him. Maybe talk it out" I headed towards the door.

"No, no" Rick stopped me.

"He's my brother" I snapped.

"I know, but we need to get out of here first. Glenn is not in the best shape and if we get ambushed I'm going to need you" Rick tried convincing me. I just looked at him in disbelief. I nodded my head after a while.

"Okay, come on" Rick said and open the door. Maggie, Glenn, and Oscar headed towards the bus to they can jump over the fence. Rick and I covered them.

"Daryl! Daryl" I heard Rick shout my name. I started running towards them, but stopped when I saw a figure through the smoke. It was a figure of a woman. I slowly walked to it, totally forgetting about being in enemy territory. As I got closer to it I noticed who it was.

It was Sam.

"Sa-" I was cut off by pain in the back of my head and everything went dark.