Ch. 31 - Maid Service

(Ren's POV)

I stared at Takashi's backside with a smirk as he exited the room. "Takashi, wa--" "Shut up, Ren~...." He hummed. I rolled my eyes, but chuckled under my breath. That boy....

About five minutes later, I heard him stepping back toward the bedroom. I put a hand over my mouth, but he still saw my smirk. Takashi held a fairly large bowl of steaming hot ramen as he strode carefully over to the bedside.

He was being too strange, forcing me to sit still while he "took care of me". After a bit of arguing, I'd gave in and curled up in his wad of familiar-smelling blankets. It was actually really nice.

Takashi glared at me, then at his bedside table as he placed the bowl of noodles on it. I began to laugh at a thought that popped up in my head. He shot me a look. "What?!" He snapped, sounding pissed. I just chuckled until I could actually get the thought out.

"H-heh, nothing....it's j-just...." I said between giggles. "....I should go get you a maid outfit." I was laughing so hard by now, clutching my chest. "Haha....dat ass would look fine in a skirt, Takashi.....hahah!..." I glanced at Takashi, his entire face blood red. I couldn't help but laugh more.

"S-s-shut up!..." He stammered, embarrassed. I blushed hard myself, actually imagining him in the frilly dress. I covered my nose as Takashi sat on the bed with a bounce. I watched as he climbed over on his hands and knees, then used two fingers to thump my forehead.

"Hey!" I squealed as he started thumping repeatedly. I swatted his hand away and he crossed his arms. "J-just be quiet and eat...." He mumbled, turning away and sitting at the end of the bed. I smiled, but then moved in front of the table.

The chicken flavored soup smelled awesome, it's savory fragrance wafting up as a moving cloud. I smiled, grasping a fork between my fingers. I turned my head to my flustered boyfriend. "Thank you, Takashi...." I murmured, making him blush harder and look away.

I turned back to my food and wrapped a bunch of noodles around the fork. I brought it up to my mouth and bit down, but instantly jerked back when I burnt my tongue. I yelped, lowering the fork. I heard light snickers from Takashi at my left. I snapped a look at him. He began laughing, holding a hand over his mouth.

I smirked, but rolled my eyes. "Uh huh, laugh it up....I don't really think that ramen is actually the treatment for my illness, though." Takashi's laughter turned into a death glare. I held my hands up in defense. "Okay, okay...sorry...." I said. With that, I started eating my food a bit more carefully, my thoughts roaming to that of my adorable little maid....

~~~

"Fine, alright! I'll be home soon....bye, Yuka." I hung up the cellphone and shoved it in my pocket. Takashi stared at me, sitting in the cutest position with his hands between his legs on the mattress.

I let out a sigh, studying his features. After a minute like that, Takashi blushed and looked away. I smiled and gave a soft laugh. "....I love you....." I murmured. He moved his head down more, biting his lip. "....I love you, too....." He replied.

With that, I moved in close and planted a kiss on his nose. When Takashi looked up, I slowly kissed the edge of his mouth. He blushed crimson and let out a squeak when I trailed my tongue across his lips.

"...d....d-do you have to leave?...." He asked quietly when I moved away. I grinned, grasping his shoulders and pulling him into a tight embrace. He wrapped his arms around my lower body and buried his face in my chest. I sighed, leaning back on the pillow. "Yeah...."

A second later, Takashi moved up closer, getting comfortable. "...hey...Ren....." He whispered. I looked down at his gorgeous eyes. "....do you.......think that we'll......always be together...?....I mean......" My face got serious as he talked, averting his gaze. ".....you might eventually find.....someone else....."

I frowned, running my hand through the back of his dark hair. He looked back at me. "Takashi. Don't ever say that again." My voice was stern, but then turned softer. "I don't know for sure what the future holds for us, but.....I don't want you to think I'd ever just up and leave you. Okay?...I'm in love with you right now, and that's all that matters."

It was quiet for a minute, but then, he gave me a weak smile. "Okay..." Then, he kissed my cheek, the both of us blushing.