Ch. 54 - Y'Dork

(Ren's POV)

Being in the hospital was strange. I didn't feel normal. Either way, that is. Be it at home, or not, my head was still fuzzy. I didn't know what to make of it, but my thinking was improving. I felt as if things were clicking more easily, but at the same time, I didn't know what to do at all.

Takashi stayed with me for the first day, but I forced him to get more sleep. We both needed it, really. Yuka stayed too, but I think she may have been depriving herself of sleep. She looked exhausted and zoned out. I also felt weird without my hair. I was used to it, but my head seemed to pound.

On the second day, Takashi left but came back to visit for the night. Something weird happened, also. He had his earbuds in for a split second as he turned on his music. He had one out of his ear, though. I knew he had the volume on at least thirty. But it was strange. I could hear it as it played, but faintly. I knew which song it was, though. "Takashi..." I'd said. He looked up at me with a concerned face. "Yes?" "...is that....uh...."Nightmare" by....Get Scared?...." He blinked, blushing a bit. "....y-yeah...is it that loud?" I just shrugged, obviously confused.

I told the doctors about that. They said that it could actually be normal. My hearing had definitely increased, along with a little bit of my touch. I felt things strongly, more than I had before. I wasn't sure what they'd done, but it could be used as an advantage, I guessed.

The week actually flew by. I was getting healed remarkably, and everyone else knew so. By that time, I was actually able to go home. It was that Saturday, and despite Takashi's club activities coming up, he ditched everything just to come see me. I couldn't believe how committed he was to loving me as I was him. It made me joyful, and glad I'd done the surgery.

My head throbbed every now and then, but other than that, (and the weirdly shaped scar on my bald head) I was fine. I felt stronger and healthier and I remembered something.

It was October.

And the school dance was coming up soon...

~~~

"What do you want to eat, bro? Cereal? Eggs? You name it." Yuka smiled at me as I headed down the stairs. I adjusted my backpack on my shoulder and the green/yellow monster face beanie on my head. I raised an eyebrow.

"You can stop being so nice to me. I'm fine, y'know. I'll just get a poptart at the vending machine at school, or something." I grinned when my sister pouted, putting her hands on her hips. I chuckled and walked over to her.

"C'mon! I want you to eat something before leaving. I worry about you...." Her tone got softer and she cupped her cheek. Her eyes squinted. "Yuka..." I stressed. "...Yuka....don't do it....." Tears welled up in her eyes and I groaned, hurrying to hug her. "....stop crying, you big baby." I said. She laughed.

"I'm sorry....I love you, bro." I smiled, moving away. "Love you too, sis." Then, I swiftly took a seat at the kitchen table. "Okay, if you insist...." I rolled my eyes in a funny manner. "...sunny side up egg, pwease!" I mewled, pawing at my beanie. Yuka laughed and turned. "Fine. You'd better eat all of it, though."

~~~

I walked into the high school like a boss. Er....that's what I was thinking, anyway. I strode in, being surrounded by a crowd of students. Most of them started asking me questions and tried to take off my hat to see my head. I instantly flinched and bounded away from the crowd, down the halls.

I broke into laughter soon and slowed down, stepping quickly to one of the classrooms I'd know about. As soon as I walked in, I found the one I was looking for. My boyfriend, Takashi.

I noticed his messy black hair and studied his slender and tiny figure. It seemed odd to believe I'd taken the innocence right out of him. I grinned.

He turned around to me from across the room and I saw his outfit. He was wearing a black hoodie with the 'cancer' sign on it (like Karkat's from Homestuck ^3^) and a pair of skinny jeans that fit him perfect, along with red converses. The hoodie was also kinda long and reached the area below his butt, so he looked adorable in it. I blushed pink and a smile spread across his lips.

He hurried over to me. "Ren!" He blushed. I smiled more, grabbing his hand and taking him out into the hall. People passed us, but I paid no mind. I stared into his beautiful brown eyes. "Hi, Takashi!" I greeted. "Hey." He sighed with a smile. "What's up?" He asked me. I laughed. "Oh, nothing much.....just admiring you." Takashi's face turned flustered and I laughed, pressing my hands to my cheeks. "You look so kawaii!!" I gushed. His cheeks turned scarlet and he looked at his feet. "...be quiet, you dork." He muttered. I stared down at him, catching a glimpse of the rings on his finger.

I smirked, an idea coming to mind. I reached down and took that hand, bringing it up and kissing the back softly. I could sense Takashi becoming embarrassed. I smiled, meeting his eyes. "R-Ren, w-we're at school..." He muttered to me. I laughed, not letting go of his hand. I pulled him in closer, but not against me as I might have preferred.

"....so.....are you excited?" I asked. He raised an eyebrow. "Huh?" I shook my head with a laugh. "The dance is coming up. You forgot?" His blush darkened. "Oh! No, I didn't....I've been looking forward to it, actually....i-it just slipped my mind......" He smiled sheepishly. I chuckled.

"Okay, good. I've got something planned for that night...." I told him.

Suddenly, the bell rang loudly, for first period. My eyes widened and quickly said my goodbye and blushed, hurrying off.

I am......such a dork.......hehe......

~~~