Lucas

I pick up the guitar, and sing a song I heard on the radio. Farkle and Riley join in, noticing the song. I strum the intro then begin. 

"Say something I'm giving up on you. I'll be the one if you want me to. Anywhere I would have followed you. Say something, I'm giving up on you. And I I'm feeling so small. It was over my head. I know nothing at all. And I will stumble and fall. Still learning to love. Just starting to crawl. Say something I'm giving up on you. And I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you. Anywhere I would have followed you. Say something I'm giving up on you. And I will swallow my pride. You're the one that I love. And I'm saying goodbye. Say something I'm giving up on you. And I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you. Anywhere I would have followed you. Say something I'm giving up on you. Say something I'm giving up on you. Say something." 

We finish the song, tears in our eyes. We stay against the wall until sleep finds us. In my dream, I'm with Maya. She's whole again. Alive again. "Maya!" I shout, and try to hug her. She just steps away from me, a scared look on her face. "Stay away from me." "Maya what's wrong?" "You're the one who made me do this. Just stay away from me." "Maya!" I shout, and watch as she jumps off the pier, and drown to death. 

I wake up with a start, and look around. I'm still sitting next to Farkle and Riley. I woke up to the sound of an annoying beeping noise. At first I'd thought it was my alarm. But seeing how I'm at a hospital, that doesn't work.... I look up, and see the heart monitor, and hope fills my chest. The heart monitor is beeping, announcing that Maya is alive. 

"Maya!" I say, jumping up. My voice or the sudden movement wakes up Farkle, and he looks at me tiredly. 

"What are you talking about Lucas?" 

"Maya. She's alive. Maybe the heart monitor died because it'd beeping again. Look." He looks up at the monitor, and his eyes widen. He turns to Riley, shaking her awake. 

"Riley! Riley look! Maya's alive!" Riley rubs her eyes, and yawns before looking up. 

"Maya!!!" She shouts. It was a miracle. Now we just need to wait and see if she will come out of the coma. All we can do is hope and wait.