My Best Friend is a Ghost

Charlotte's POV

I knocked on the front door looking up at it. There were a few steps up to the door, so I was stood at the bottom of them feeling very small compared to the height of the door. After a few moments the door opened to reveal a tall brunette man.

"Hello," he smiled, Irish accent thick in his voice.

"Hello. I'm Charlotte I was a friend of one of the previous tenants. Your landlord Owen, he said when he lived here he had left some boxes in the loft, and he said I could come pick them up. That's if you haven't thrown it out already," I smiled softly.

"Actually we haven't been in the loft yet, I can get a ladder for it now if you want to go look for them?" he shrugged.

"That'd be great," I smiled.

He gestured for me to walk into the house. I did so, allowing him to close the door behind me. Once I was stood at the same level as him, it was clear how much taller he was as he towered over me.

"I never caught your name," I said.

"Mitchell," he smiled, "just wait here whilst I get the ladder."

I nodded.

Within a few minutes he was back with a ladder and led my upstairs with it.

"You are rather relaxed about letting a strange woman into your house," I stated following him as he propped the ladder up on the landing.

"What are you going to do to me?" he chuckled, "you're tiny and are here to retrieve your friends belongings."

I simply smiled as he climbed the ladder opening the hatch for the loft. Once he was in the loft he called for me, and I climbed up the ladder after him as he flicked on a small light.

"So what is the name of your friend?" he asked.

"Annie Sawyer. She died a short while ago, I just wanted to get some sentimental effects of hers," I shrugged.

"Oh," he said a little shocked, "well let's find those things."

I nodded raising an eyebrow at him. I looked through the things in the loft before I found a box of some photos and other bits and pieces of Annie's stuff.

"Mitchell, George who's in the loft?" a familiar voice called.

I looked up at Mitchell who had wide eyes clearly shocked. I left the box where it was before making my way to the ladder and going down it.

"A girl in the loft? Seriously which one of you took a girl into the loft?" the voice shouted.

As soon as my head was out of the loft I looked next to the ladder to see her. I lost my footing and fell off of the ladder, falling into the wall bumping my head.

Groaning I continued to stare at her. She looked scared and shocked, as Mitchell hastily climbed down the ladder kneeling down next to me.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"Annie, you're dead?" I gasped.

"You can see me?" she frowned still looking petrified.

"Of course I can see you. Did you fake your death? Does Owen know you are still alive?" I whispered.

My breathing quickened as I rubbed my head softly feeling the bump begin to grow.

Annie looked to Mitchell who looked at me.

"I think we should get you sat down on the sofa, and we can talk about this," Mitchell said softly.

He helped me up wrapped an arm around my shoulders steadying my uneasy legs, leading me downstairs and sitting me on the sofa. Annie followed behind us.