three

Heavy Gloom ; The Story So Far

-

Adam yelled at me for being late for the second time this week, and this time I had no excuse. On Tuesday I lied and said I had to take my cat to the vet, even though John is doing perfectly fine. I could have blamed this one on Matty for making me stay out late and causing me to oversleep, but I'm sure Adam doesn't care about my personal life enough to cut me some slack. We fight a lot but he's hot so I don't actually get mad at him, but he really does hate me. He can't fire me though because I'm the only other person who works here.

As long as I've been at work today no customers have come, which I made a point to Adam that we should open later so 1) I could sleep more and 2) we wouldn't fight as much because we would be busy and because 3) we would get more business (duh). He fought with me again after that, even though I was only stating facts. I have never gave him an idea that he actually likes, but I'm going to keep trying until he realizes how much of a genius I really am.

By noon no one had come, so I decided to take my lunch break then and hope I wouldn't be as bored when I came back.

I went to Burger King and got chicken fries because they were hella good, and then I got all tingly and shit because chicken fries remind me of Matty. Last night was half a fail, but I wouldn't mind doing it again. I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy his presence, he's one funny dude.

I made it back to work again and I was upset to find that there were people and I had to actually do something. I hated work when I had nothing to do and when I had something to do, it's a boring job but at least I get money.

Matty had showed up when I was in the middle of telling someone where the bathroom is. It didn't take long for him to find me and I got nervous when he started walking over. I assumed he had nothing better to do but stalk me at work.

"Can I help you?" I asked, treating him like everyone else because what the hell was I supposed to do.

"I just wanted to say hi." Matty shrugged. He was wearing a different pair of black skinny jeans (these had a hole in one knee), and some ugly shirt that he made look good. He had a cigarette in between his fingers, even though there is a strict no smoking rule inside. I wasn't going to be the one to tell him that though, so I let him do his thing.

"How did you know I work here?" I stated and Matty used the hand that wasn't holding the cigarette to grab my hand. He amused himself by pulling the ring on and off my index finger.

"This is the only place that sells guitars in Manchester, so it wasn't too hard to figure it out." Matty replied.

"Nice. Can you leave now? I'm busy." I let go of his hand and expected him to leave, but of course he didn't.

"Busy with what? No one else is here." Matty said stubbornly. I looked around and saw that all the other customers had left and Adam was staring us down from the other side of the room. He was already planning what to fight me about.

"Buy something or get out." I countered. I took the cigarette from his hand and put it between my lips just to piss him off. I didn't look as cool as I thought I would though.

I was also going against my own rule of no smoking but Adam won't fire me so it's okay for now. He will defiantly yell at me but he's never even come close to firing me.

"Can I buy you dinner tonight or does that not count?" Matty smirked, his pick up line was pretty fantastic I must admit.

"That was really smooth, but you have to leave." I said, picking up a box full of capos and putting it on the shelf to prove to him that I was working. When I bent over some of the ashes flicked off the cigarette and onto the cardboard, so I know I was going to hear it from Adam that I "ruined a perfectly reusable box." That's usually how stupid our arguments go.

"I have the same right to be here as anyone else." He defended and chuckled at himself knowing that he was right.

"Get out."

"Gimme kiss and I'll leave."

"Stop it."

Kiss me Barbie, please."

"Leave, Matty."

"I'm not leaving until you kiss me."

"Nope."

"God dammit Ken! Just kiss the poor guy!" Adam screamed from across the room and Matty laughed while my cheeks turned red. I leaned over the counter and pecked his lips quickly before pushing him out the door.

"I'll pick you up at half sixteen!" He shouted before I fully closed the door.

"Nice boyfriend you got there." Adam laughed.

"He's not my boyfriend." I replied and moved some more boxes to amuse myself. It was the first productive thing I have done all day so Adam should be proud of me.

"Oh are you guys in that awkward stage right before you go official? I determined that when he made you kiss him and you didn't want to." He asked and I shrugged. I only just met Matty, I didn't know if I wanted him to be my boyfriend.

I've never really dated anyone before so I'm not sure how this whole thing works, but I don't think Matty and I are doing it right, whatever this is that we're doing.

"I just met him yesterday, I don't know how I feel about him yet." I stated and emptied the last box of capos.

"Is this a fast moving relationship you have going on?" Adam nagged and I shrugged again.

-

this was a lame chapter but dont worry folks im gonna be updating a lot because i prewrote this entire thing like five months ago