four

Pretty Little Girl ; blink-182

-

I was surprised to see that Michelle and Ross were both in my apartment, usually the two of them go to his house just because there's more space. I've only met Ross a few times, but he seems nice enough and Michelle really likes him so he's cool for now. She has dated what seems like twenty people in the past year, but she's been with Ross the longest out of all of them so she apparently likes him enough to keep him around.

We exchanged hello's when I walked in and then I hid in my bedroom and watched Keeping Up With the Kardashian's with John my cat. I decided to just lay here until I was forced to get out whenever Matty comes and picks me up.

At this point I had about half an hour to get ready so I reapplied my makeup and put on a different shirt; I assumed I wouldn't have to dress up much because Matty seems like he wears ripped black skinny jeans everywhere.

Matty had showed up exactly on time, and I waved goodbye to Michelle and Ross before walking out the door. He was wearing the same black skinny jeans from before but a different flowy shirt thing. He seems to be a fan of weird print button down shirts but he looks good in them.

He took my hand, and rubbed his thumb over my knuckles before speaking.

"I didn't plan anything better than yesterday, I'm just taking you back to my apartment. I ordered pizza though so it's all good." Matty informed me and I smiled. I didn't care what we did as long as Matty made some stupid jokes.

"Where's your apartment?" I asked and he pointed to a building across the street. Who knew we lived so close.

Matty's apartment was even smaller than mine, but it's what I expected from someone who is unemployed. I don't know how he pays the rent but I guess that's not really a question I should ask right now.

Someone was sitting on the couch watching TV, of who I assumed was Matty's roommate. He looked intimidating while he smoked something that I'm positive wasn't a regular cigarette, so I just stepped closer to Matty for protection and waited for him to say something.

"George, what the hell, mate. You told me you had a date tonight!" Matty dropped my hand and stepped in the direction of the boy apparently named George.

"She cancelled on me. And you didn't tell me you were bringing someone here!" George shrugged and took another drag of whatever he was smoking. It smelled really bad, but I wasn't an expert on drugs so I couldn't tell what it was.

"I didn't think it mattered if you knew- Ugh, whatever. We'll just go on the roof, it's better there anyway." Matty told me and then turned back to George, "And I ordered pizza like twenty minutes ago, did it come yet?" Matty said and ran his fingers through his hair like he did just about every three minutes.

"Yeah, I put it on the table." George paused and pointed to the cracked wooden table in the kitchen, "Except I took three slices, sorry bout that."

"Whatever." Matty walked into the kitchen and picked up the pizza off the table. "Let's go. Barbs." He lead the way out the door and up some sketchy steps that lead to what I assumed would be the roof.

The roof wasn't the safest place to be, there was a bench in the middle but nothing else. It also seemed really easy to fall off so I made a mental note to stay away from the edges.

"I come here a lot, George and I don't get along all the time so I hide up here." Matty sat on the bench and opened the box of pizza, and sure enough three pieces were missing.

"He seems a little, uh rough." I didn't know how else to say that George looked terrifying. I usually have no problem with scary looking people, being one of them, but as soon as drugs are involved I'm outie. I've been raised as a goodie two shoes over the past years but hey I'm watching out for myself. I do smoke occasionally and I'm not planning on quitting so my lungs better hold out for a lifetime or so.