Chapter 13 - Back To Reality

"I wonder what they'll be doing" I say as I grab my backpack from under the seat.
"Who cares? I don't really care anymore. I feel so relaxed right now so don't even work me up" Cameron says.
"Same dude. I really feel like it isn't working out anymore. I know we just got together but it just doesn't feel right." I say.
"I feel the same way!" Raven says.
"Me too!" Cameron says.
"Uhh. I still like Lance??" Jamie says.
"It's okay Jackson." I say.
We head out the bus and say thank you to the driver who's been driving for like 7 hours +.
"I should break up with john you know?" I say feeling saddened.
"I should break up with josh too. I mean, he tried to flirt with that girl while dating me? That's messed up" Raven says looking annoyed.
"I feel you. How about we break up with them together?" I ask.
"Deal" Cameron and Raven says.
As we reach the house, nervousness fills the insides of me.
We go inside and no one is there except maybe a few family members eating.
We check outside and there they are. With girls.
It looks like some type of party. I can't believe this.
There are a few boys too.
The girls & boys are from our school. I can recognize them so fast.
I try to look for everyone.
There's John. Dancing with Jasmine.
There's Josh. Having is arm over Aileen while they grab food.
There's Jhay-Ahr. Making out with Jana.
There's Lance. Just sitting down while he's relaxing.
There's Adrian. Hanging out with Andrea like always.
A simple "I'm breaking up with you" is alright. I can do this.
I walk up to John and Jasmine and interrupt their dancing.
"Uh john? Can I talk to you for a bit?" I ask trying not to sound desperate.
"Oh hey babe! When did you come?" He asks trying to give me a kiss, but I push him away slightly.
"What's wrong?" He asks looking worried.
"You know what's wrong. I mean, look around! Can't you see it?" I say calmly.
He has a confused face and I give up.
"I'm breaking up with you." I say.
"I don't get it. First you're talking to me. Then you're giving me the silent treatment. And now you're trying to break up?" He says getting mad.
"Don't you get it?! First of all, you flirt with Aileen when you were already dating someone! Second, look at what you were doing now! Dancing with another girl while I was away? Who knows what you were doing with her over the weekend!"
With that, I leave.
I run to my room and slam the door.

Sobbing and sobbing all day. I need to get over it. After all, I was the one who wanted to break up. So chloe, get over it.

*knock knock*

"Who.. Is .. It?" I ask while wiping away the tears.
"Brady."
Brady? That's unusual. He doesn't really talk to me.
I walk up to the door and open it for him.
"Uhh.. What's up?" I ask trying to look anywhere but his eyes.
"Can I come in for a second?" He asks shyly while scratching the back of his head.
"Um.. Sure." I say.
He comes into the room and goes on the top on one of the bunk beds. And puts his hands behind his head, while staring at the wall.
I awkwardly sit on my bed, trying to look for something to do, until he breaks the silence.
"Are you okay?" He asks.
"I'm fine."
He sits up and looks at me straight in the eyes.
"I know you're not okay. I saw what happened."
"No. I'm really okay. I was the one who broke up with John anyway. He deserved it." I sigh.
"Are you really sure?" He asks.
"Yeah. I'm really really sure." I say as I smile.
"Okay then. If you need anything or anyone to talk to, you know who to come to." He says.
"Okay."
"I have to help your uncle with something. I'll talk to you later bye!" He says while leaving and closing the door.
He's a nice friend. I can talk to him now if I had any girl problems. I wish that every girl could have a guy friend to talk to.