Chapter 14 - New life

Do you ever wonder what you're gonna do in life?
Wether you're going to college or not, wether you're gonna have a family. You get it.

My name is Zara. I am 22 years old. Life is not a perfect thing. There are ups and downs that you can never expect to happen.

{ October 12, 2023 }

I'm freaking out.  I have one hour to pack for college. How on earth can you do that in one hour?!?! There's no way.
Ok chloe. You can do this. You can do this. No worries! If you focus on what has to be done, you'll be finished in no time! Ok let's do this.

{1 hour later}

Done! Yay! I knew I could do it. I grab my 3 luggages, my duffel bag, and other stuff.  I walk out the room and outside the door.
I see everyone waiting in the car.
"Hurry up! We all have something to do you know. We're not gonna spend the whole day waiting for you." Someone says but I didn't know exactly who it was.
I guess they really wanted me to leave the damn house but I didn't care because I wanted to leave too every since that 'incident'.
Remember that day where Brady came into our room and we had a conversation? Yeah, that's when it all started.
I took his advice when he said if I needed anyone to talk to, I could come to him.  So I did.
Everyday, I needed someone to talk to even though I could talk to my other friends like Cameron, Raven, or Jackson.
I needed a guy friend. Or wanted. I wanted to feel how it was like to have a guy friend.  He
Everyday, I would always talk to him for hours. Wether if it would be on phone; texting or call, or straight up in person. He became my guy best friend.
About 2 years later, I grew feelings for him. I don't know if it was by talking to him everyday, or his personality.  It's just that I started liking him. 
One day, I had enough confidence to confess to him because I actually thought he liked me.
{ FLASHBACK }
I breathe in and out.  Okay, you can do this chloe. You built up so much confidence and there's no turning back. You never know. He can actually like you back.

I finally gave in and went outside to look for him.
I see him sitting on the sidewalk and leaning on the wall behind him. He's on the phone.
I hide behind the wall so he doesn't see me.
"I liked you ever since the beginning. Will you be mine?" He says.
Wait.. What?  He liked someone this whole time?? I thought he would tell me since I was his best friend. My heart just broke.
I walk away.
"Zara!!" He runs up to me and hugs me.
I hug back. But I'm not happy.
"I was looking for you all day! Where were you?" He asks smiling.
"Um. You know. Homework and all. It's getting harder and harder. I need to pass this test."
"Oh. Well aren't you glad to see me?" He asks, still smiling.
"Yeah." I say while fake smiling.
"You wanna go for a walk?"
"No, I'm good. I'm really tired. You can go with your other lady friends or guy friends if you have. Or maybe Lance them or whatever." I say.
"Are you okay? I know something's wrong." He says dropping his smile.
"Of course. I'm fine. I'm just really exhausted from all this work. You know how exam weeks are." I say.
"Okay. I'll talk to you later I need to go pick up something. I'll be right back!" He says while kissing my cheek.
Kissing my cheek is nothing. That's what we do all the time. That's what best friends do you know.