6.3

Laura's point of view.

Ah yes, a new day. Time to start fresh.

A yawn escapes my mouth as I sit at the bench in the kitchen, a warm coffee in my hands as I try not to fall asleep. Being five in the morning, my need for sleep becomes overpowering sometimes.

I let thoughts run through my brain as I play with the sleeves of Ross' shirt. That's right, I'm wearing Ross' shirt. I honestly have no clue on how I got into it, but I'm wearing it and I like how it feels on me so I won't question it.

I realize now that I will need to apologize to Rick and Ashley, and of course, mom and dad. They were probably worried sick. I know that I've been home for a while now, but I still feel like there's a little bit of awkwardness and tension between us all lately. I need to fix that.

The Lynch family, on the other hand, is a whole different story on its own. I have no clue where Rydel and Ellington stand with each other anymore, and I bet Stormie was worried about me when I went to the hospital. Oh, and Riker, I remember seeing him at that party... Yeah, I'm going to be seriously awkward around him now. He looked super pissed off at that party when he seen me, so I don't know where I stand with him.

What about Rocky and Ryland. Well, I never really spent any time with Ryland, so I could probably bond with him sometimes soon. But with Rocky, I'll still feel awkward around him. I mean, he tries to kiss me and whatever else when he was drunk. In the Lynch house. With Ross sleeping on the couch behind us. Like, honestly, what the heck. Get a grip, man.

But in all seriousness right now, I need to fix things. Everything. All things. As soon as possible.

My long train of weird thoughts are interrupted by a seat of strong arms wrapping around my waist, pulling me towards the persons chest in type of a warm hug. The persons breath tickles my neck as they breathe from behind me. The person hums out a, "Good morning, beautiful." The voice tells me who it is straight away. My obvious other half. Ross let's go of me and shuffles around the bench, pouring himself a mug of coffee before leaning his back against the counter across from me, his eyes shut. I giggle at him, taking in how he looks and how he moves.

He has no shirt on, revealing his amazingly sculpted abs, and he's wearing really loose sweatpants which seem to be hanging low, showing off his pink-watermelon colored bonds underwear.

I bite my lip as I study his face. The way his head tilts back so that his face lifts up. The way his nostrils flare softly with every breath. The way his lips look so soft and fluffy that it makes me want to kiss him a thousand times. The way his hair is pulled back, probably from him raking his hand through it a few times when he woke up. He seems to do that a lot. I like it. He looks sexy. He looks like himself. I love it.

I let go of my coffee cup and stand up off of my chair, walking around the counter to stand in front of Ross. I stare at his gorgeous face, his eyes still shut. I reach up and touch his cheek with my hand, gently caressing it with my thumb as I tilt my head at the sight of him. He doesn't budge. He seems to melt into my hand, though. I stand on my tippy-toes, placing my other hand on his other cheek as I move his face close to mine. I rest my lips on his, placing a short sweet kiss as my eyes close.

After a long moment, I pull back and open my eyes. I come into view of the perfect pair of hazel-brown eyes. A smile breaks out on my face as he grins at me. He places his mug down and wraps his arms around my tiny waist, pulling me towards him and resting his chin on the top of my head as I rest my cheek against his chest. I wrap my arms around him, too, hugging him warmly.

It's moment like these, where no words need to be spoken, that matter the most.

Although, I'm still worrying about everything else that was on my mind a little while ago. Darn, curse you depression.