6.5

This book is royally fucked 😂 It's coming to an end though..
This chapter is short because I'm lazy and I have writers block soooo...

Laura's point of view.

"Do you think I can fix everything with your family?" I ask Ross as the both of us lay in his bed, tangled up in the sheets together. He looks towards me with furrowed eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" He asks. "My family adores you."

"Maybe so, but I messed up and I lost their trust." I mumble, playing with my fingers. "I broke your heart and they no longer trust me because of that."

"It was a stupid mistake, Laura." He sighs, wrapping his arm around me and pulling me towards him. He closes his eyes as he rests his chin against the top of my head.

"I know." I let out a sigh this time. "I just want everything to be okay with your family and I."

"They'll come around." He mutters softly as he slowly drifts off into sleep.

It's not long until he's completely asleep. I untangle myself from him carefully and head out of his room to look for his family. Luckily for me, they're all in the living room talking. What normal family does that?

"Um, hi." I mutter as I shuffle into the room. They all look towards me and I suddenly feel self cautious. Retreat. Retreat!

"What's up?" Rocky asks and I take a deep breath.

"Are you guys mad with me?" I ask unsurely. They all fall silent for a while and I feel my heart rate picking up.

"I am," Rydel speaks. "But I can't stay mad at your for two reasons."

"Which are?" I ask.

Rydel holds up one finger. "Ross is happy with you, he loves you." She holds up the second finger. "We've been through too much crap to stay mad at you."

"We get it sweetie," Stormie smiles warmly at me and my heart rate goes down as I walk further into the living room. I suddenly feel a bit more welcome. "You were grieving over Sophia." My heart aches at the mention of her name.

"I-It was no excuse to hurt Ross." I mumble, holding the tears back from spilling over. Riker and Rocky stand up and make their way towards me. I deter away from Rocky a bit and Riker wraps a comforting arm around my shoulders.

"Just let it all out, Laura." Rocky whispers soothingly and all of a sudden, I burst out into tears. Riker directs me towards the couch next to Rydel and I practically fall into her lap. She strokes my hair like a big sister would and I weep.

***

Two whole hours of tears and feelings flow out of me and soon enough, Riker is tucking me into bed next to Ross.

I'm currently staring up at the ceiling, thinking about everything. What has happened the last...however long it's been. See, I can't even tell how long it's been. But ever since Rick and I fought over the computer and clicked on that concert, my life has turned completely upside down. It's crazy.

I guess when something accidental yet amazing happens, it comes with baggage. Why couldn't I have just gone to Justin's hours without struggle and why couldn't I have just spent time with him. If I did, Sophia wouldn't be dead. I wouldn't have messed up so badly. I wouldn't have tried to commit suicide. Oh man, I'm a mess.

I wonder what crazy weird adventure life will take us on next.

I guess we'll just have to wait it out.