GLITCH 24

▒GLITCH 24

°=°=°=°

[Play Song]

"Who are you?"

These were not the three words Akashi wanted to first hear from her. He expected her to remember who he was. All that talk about memories, it was her who forgot them!

"What?" Akashi muttered as Yumi slowly removed her hands from the red head's hold.

"Wah, I've never seen Akashicchi so broken, ssu." Kise muttered, looking at his ex-captain with a sad gaze.

Yumi looked back at her parents for a second and looked back at Akashi. "It's, uh, exactly what I mean. I don't know who you are..." Her gaze landed on his cherry hair. "... red head."

No, Yumi, you called me a menstruation head not a red head goddamn it.

"How can you not remember the guy you love, Yumi-chan?" Ami asked in confusion.

The said teen raised an eyebrow. "S–Sorry but last time I checked, I didn't love someone in a romantic way."

"Do you not recall this guy," Mayu pointed at Akashi. "anywhere? Not at all?"

The cappuccino haired girl took one good look at the red head before shaking her head slowly. "No. The last thing I remember was... er, was I involved in some kind of accident?"

"But what about us?" Ami asked Yumi, pointing to herself and Mayu.

Yumi scoffed. "Why wouldn't I remember you guys? The two of you are my best friends."

"But what about him?" Mayu pointed to Kise who was just looking at the events unfolding.

The girl shook her head one more time. "No, I'm sorry."

"So she only recalls her life before the accident and not when she was in my phone, huh..." Akashi muttered, his red hair covering his face so no one could see his expression.

"Uhm, excuse me," Yumi called for Akashi. "w–were you someone important to me?" She asked him quietly.

Akashi lifted his face up, his face was blank as he looked into Yumi's eyes. He hoped that this could trigger anything inside of the girl to remember who he is, but no matter how many seconds pass of their eyes clashing he couldn't see a look of recognition towards him. "... No, no I wasn't."

A look of sadness was strewn upon the hazel eyed girl's features but she didn't know why she suddenly felt blue. "O–Oh." Was all she could mutter.

It was silent between the two of them for a moment until Akashi spoke up. "Yu— Kamiwara," He called. He held out his hand to caress her cheek, but he decided against it so he just pet the top of her head instead.

Her heart beat fast and a blush rose to her cheeks as she thought, Why do I feel warm? She asked herself, looking up at Akashi.

"I... Take care, Yumi." He said before his hand fell back to his side and began to walk out of the facility. "I'll see you again." Those were the last words he spoke to her before exiting the area. The words he spoke was not an empty promise. He knew, deep inside, that they were going to meet each other once again.

They will meet, and fall in love with each other all over again.

He kept that thought to heart as he saw Noriko run to him (and Kise who followed behind). The orange haired girl asked what happened, but Akashi simply shrugged and looked in another direction so Kise had to explain the situation. Noriko looked at her childhood friend with sympathy. She sighed and led them to the jet in order to bring them home.