Holiday

Esme's POV

It's been a couple of weeks since Austin put up the post on Facebook and he's gotten a lot of support from the fans which is great. I expected the opposite effect.

Because of all the stuff we've both been through I've decided to book us both a weeks holiday to New York. We need to get away from California for a bit, we need a little bit of us time.

I haven't told Austin yet, we're leaving tomorrow and I have it all booked so I'm going to break the news to him today.

"Hey honey." I say to him as I cuddle up to him, on the sofa.

"Hey gorgeous, how are you?" he asks, putting his arm around me and pulling me in closer.

"I'm good...you know what I really wanna do?" I ask him and he looks at me.

"What do you want to do?" he asks me in response.

"I just want to escape from here, for like, week, and then start again when we get back. I think we both need to clear our heads." I say to him, almost dreamily.

"Where to?" he asks.

"I don't know...New York maybe" I say, pausing to think about the place I want to go.

"We should do that then...I'll book flights next week." he says.

"No need to" I pull the tickets out from my back pocket. "I've already gone and done it." I say, waving the plane tickets in his face. His jaw drops.

"When did you do that!?" he asks in disbelief.

"Yesterday, the flights are tomorrow morning. I've packed my bags, better get your stuff ready." I tell him casually.

He gets up off the sofa to give me a hug, I hug him back, tight.

"You're an angel." he says into my ear and I smile at his kind words.

"I know." I say back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This holiday better be worth getting up at crazy o'clock for. I want to get a tan and have a pool just outside our accommodation otherwise I'm coming back here." he grumbles.

I don't quite understand why a tan is so important as we live in California. A state with as much sun as you could ever ask for, plus more.

"Yes. Yes. Shut up now." I hiss at him as we're getting all of our stuff into his car.

"What do you have in your suitcase? A ton of bricks?" he asks me as he struggles to lift it.

I nod. "As a matter of fact, yes I do. Along with a block of lead, an elephant and some 30kg weights..." I say sarcastically.

I watch him struggle, amused by it, until he catches me smirking at him.

"It's not funny, it's God damn heavy." he says, out of breath.

"It really is funny." I quip.

Once all of our luggage is in the boot we set off for LAX Airport. Because Austin is making a fair bit of money, we get to sit in the first class area and I'm walking to our seats in amazement.

"This is so cool!" I say, a little too loud.

"Ok, sit down. You're holding people up." Austin says, slightly annoyed.

We're in the sky just as the sun is coming up and the view is beyond perfect. I'm pestering Austin to look at the beautiful view but he is reluctant, all he wants to be looking at is the inside of his eyelids. He needs his sleep otherwise I know he will get cagey. He is already showing signs of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We're now approaching our destination. Please set your watches for the local time of five PM. Thank you for flying with American Airlines. We hope you fly with us again." the pilot announces.

Austin has slept the whole flight, which was no fun because I had no one to annoy, aside from the person sitting in front of me as I kept on playing with the food tray attached to their chair. The lady turned around to look at me during the flight, her eyes glaring at me. She was glaring so much that I was surprised that she could even see out of her eyes.

"We're here." I say to Austin, pulling his headphones off his head. He doesn't stir so I poke him a bit, which evokes a couple of small mouth twitches and groans but nothing to wake him. I shake him from side to side.

"The plane's crashed!!" I yell into his ear while shaking him.

He only opens his eyes, dazed. I'm disappointed with his measly reaction.

"What did you say?" he asks me, yawning and stretching.

"We're here." I grumble to him and follow the long line of people off the plane.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrive at our accommodation, a large county house surrounded by evergreen woods and a stunning lake. It's picturesque. The secluded spot is perfect for us.

"How did you find this place!?" Austin asks.

"It was my grandparents home but they wanted to down size so they gave it to my mum and her siblings. I've been coming here with my family ever since I can remember. I asked if I could have it for a week and here we are." I say to him.

I can tell he's itching to have a look around and I don't blame him. It's a magnificent building. With eight bedrooms, three living rooms, a gym, an outdoor and indoor pool and a bar that has a wide variety of alcoholic beverages, it's the perfect place to hold a party.

"This place is so big!" Austin shouts down to me from the gym that is right at the top of the house. The house is open plan so I can here him perfectly.

"Yeah, perfect for parties. Fancy one tomorrow tonight?" I shout back.

I'm already on the phone to as many people that me and Austin know that are in New York.

"Yeah. Why not." he agrees.

I can hear him giggle with excitement. I smile at his reaction.

"I've found the pool!" he squeals.

"There's one outside too!" I say and he screams with delight.

This is going to be a holiday we won't want to forget.