Chapter 11

-Patrick-

These past few days have been... Weird to say the least. Pete has been throwing out random compliments and has gotten a little more touchy, but that's not what makes it weird. What's weird is the fact that I actually like it.

I started to forget what human contact was like and how comforting and warm it is. And Pete's touch is always so warm. I find myself writing less and sending less letters to Elisa, and spending every second of free time with Pete. He makes me feel alive even when I know I'm going to die.

"Patrick. I just had the best idea ever." Pete says as he sits down with his breakfast.

"This better not be anything stupid." I told him.

"Its not. I swear."

"Then tell me."

"I will after breakfast."

"So it is something stupid?" I asked.

"No! Stop making assumptions." He says as he's inhaling his food.

"Pete. Slow down. You're going to get sick." I warned him.

"I'll be fine. I'm just excited."

"Okay but could you show it in a.... calmer way. I can hear you chewing from here and its kinda nasty."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"Its fine ju-" I'm interrupted by him chewing louder. "Honestly Pete, you're a piece of shit and this is why I have a problem with you." I say in a dead serious tone.

"What?" He ask quietly.

"Finally. He stops. I'm just kidding Pete. I just can't stand the sound of chewing. It makes me sick." I smile softly.

"Oh! Sorry man..."

"Its okay. Now you know." I say as he drinks all his milk.

"Right. Now let's go!" He says throwing his trash away.

"You know we can't go.anywhere until the bell rings."

"Patrick. Stop being a little bitch and break the rules for once."

What?

"Look you asshole, I follow these fucking rules because I don't want to do anymore than I have to. I'm so fucking sorry that I can't just not care like you do. Next time you want me to do something with you, how about you at least fucking tell me before you go off and call me a little bitch you ass-fuck." He took a step back

I feel better.

"Woah. Calm down Sasstrick. I didn't mean it. We can wait for the bell if it makes you feel better." He said sitting back down.

"Yes... it would make me feel better. Thank you."

Not even 30 seconds of silence later and the bell rings.

"Ready now Sasstrick?" Pete asked sarcastically.

"Yes. I am. Now stop calling me that." I said as I stood up.

"Fine." He said as we grabbed my wrist and pulled me running towards wherever we were going.

We ran down the hallway through the crowds and out the back doors. We ran through the smaller field between the building and fence. He eventually let go if my wrist and we ran together. I looked at him and he noticed and looked me in the eyes smiling, and in this moment, I feel free. And in this moment, I don't want to be free with anyone except Pete.

But as all moments eventually do, that moment ended. It ended when we can up to the fence in at the end of the field. It was the only barrier between the boot camp and the thick forest. We are miles away from any real.civilization, so why bring us out here?