one

Picture attached is what mikey looks like except hes shorter, he's like 5'8 in this book oke.

***

"mikey, wake up."

"come on babe, we're gonna be late."

"michael, get up."

"i brought my sweater for you to wear."

a single green eye popped open, looking at his older friend above him. "the cream colored one that smells good?"

the older boy smiled from where he sat next to the pink haired one. "of course."

the small boy sat up in his bed, stretching his arms up just enough for his shirt to reveal a patch of his smooth, pale tummy. his bright pink hair stuck up everywhere as he licked his pink lips to moisten them. this boy was beautiful inside and out, and his name was michael. the picture of innocence, always seeing the good in people, he was practically an angel.

his older friend ashton smiled at him, pressing a kiss to his forehead. "come on babe, you have to hurry and get ready, we're running behind as it is."

ashton was michael's guardian. michael is a sweetheart, too nice for his own good. people try to take advantage of his goodness and how naive he is, so someone has to be there to help him. michael is lucky to see his mother once a day, let alone enough for her to take care of him, so someone had to step in. it's not her fault though, as a single parent she has to work as much as she can to supply for her and her son's needs. sadly she misses out when michael needs someone, not something.

that's where ashton comes in. the two have been best friends ever since michael moved there, six months ago. his mother and father had recently gotten a divorce and his mother wanted as far away from him and his abusive ways as possible. usually the man would just scream at the two of them, and then he began drinking and got aggressive. it started out as small little shoves or slaps when his mum wasn't home or wasn't paying attention.

then he shoved michael down the stairs and the divorce papers were pulled out then and there.

ashton thought michael had a mental issue at first, but when he got to know him he realized michael was just an angel, a beautiful naive angel. so he introduced the pink haired boy to his friend group and they welcomed him with open arms. some people think the two are dating, hearing how much ashton calls michael 'baby' or 'babe', and more often than not see them holding hands in the hallway but they'd never think of each other that way. ashton thinks and treats michael like his baby brother, he's just extremely protective.

michael hopped off his bed, trotting gracefully into the bathroom and turning on the shower. ashton appeared in the doorway. "hurry and shower, okay? I'll go make you your bagel with strawberry cream cheese."

the smaller boy smiled, thanking his friend with a kiss to the cheek. he shut the door behind ashton before stripping off his clothes. he avoided looking at himself and stepped under the stream of water, sighing contently. he wasted no time, grabbing his green apple shampoo and washing his hair, followed by his matching conditioner and body wash. when he finished he hopped out, turning his back towards the mirror and drying off.

he grabbed a baby blue pair of boyshorts -don't judge him- and slipped them up his legs, letting them rest snugly on his hips. then he pulled on a pair of black leggings, followed by the sweater ashton left on the counter for him. he smiled happily, sniffing the collar and humming in delight. it was big on him, past his bum and fingertips but he loved it like that.