Chapter 13

Louis' POV

I rush over to her side and grab her arms, being careful not to touch the wounded areas. I feel my eyes watering up but I try to hold back tears. I care about her way to much to let her do this to herself. Even if I'm probably not an important part of her life, I love her like I've never loved anyone else.

"Brittany, talk to me. What's happening?" I say, my voice breaking. I can't contain this anymore, I've got no control over my emotions right now.  The tears are streaming down her face by now but she doesn't say anything. I don't know what else to do so I just swiftly pull her to me and let her cry.

She buries her head into my bare chest and tightly wraps her arms around my torso. She was holding onto me like I was her most prized possession that she couldn't live without. A tear slides down my cheek as I breathe into her hair, my one hand rubbing her back hoping to calm her down.

I slightly tilt her head to look at me. I look deep into her mesmerizing eyes. "Do you want to talk about it? I'm really worried." I say. I just want her to say something, anything.

She shakes her head. "Louis," she says softly. "Not yet. I'm not ready. I'm sorry." She looks at the ground and backs away from my embrace.

"Brit, you don't have to apologize for anything okay? It's okay." I try to smile as another tear rolls down. A waterfall of tears roll down her face however.

"Please don't cry for me." she sobs catching my tear before it falls. I pull her closer to me and wipe her tears. I gently kiss her forehead.

"How can I not? You're the reason to my happiness as well as my sadness. It kills me inside to see you like this. You have no idea." She puts her hand to her heart and looks at me with so much emotion. "Come on. Let's get you cleaned up." I motion towards her arm, "We can talk in the morning."

I tell her to sit on the closed toilet seat as I look around for a cloth. I soak it in water and gently press down on her cuts. She flinches slightly but doesn't say anything. Like I said before, the cuts weren't too deep so she doesn't need stitches or anything.

"Alright. All done. Does it hurt?"

"No." she quietly responds. "I'm okay. Thank you Louis, for everything." She gazes up at me and it's taking everything in me not to kiss her there and then. I slightly squeeze her hand and help her up.

When we're back in the bedroom, we go to our separate beds. Before I get into mine, I heard her call my name.

"Lou?" I turn around. "D-do you uh, mind sleeping here. Like in um, my bed?" She hesitates while asking. Yes! Finally! I try to hide my eagerness on my face. It's her turn to blush now.

"Of course." I smile at her as I climb in next to her. She puts the blanket over both of us and rolls over to me, sliding her arm around my waist. I cover her small back with my arms and hold her close to me.

She isn't that hungover anymore so she'll probably remember this. I mean, the girl cut herself for heavens sake! How can she not remember? Also, I want her to remember our little cuddle.

After a few minutes, she's fast asleep. Brittany looks so peaceful and all I want to do is just sit and admire what she's like. Her beautiful features, everything. At this moment, I don't think I've ever felt what love is truly like, until I met her.

A/N

DOUBLE UPDATE!! Ik it's really short but I gave you a longer one before. This chapter and the previous one were supposed to be combined but I wanted it to be 2 different chapters so yeah..

Btw did ya see what I did there? Song lyrics+This Is Us. I just wanted it to be fun and this AN is getting kinda long so I'll just shut up now KAY BYEE X