Chapter 7

Louis' POV

I keep repeating that same moment over and over in my head. That moment where she confessed. When she told me how she felt. She invited me to hang out with her. Brittany Hiltz, the "bitch" of CCSD and also the one who is known for having no soul, invited me, probably the nerdiest and most uncool guy in the universe, to a party. I'm completely and utterly shocked at the moment, I might go crazy. Her words keep bouncing around my head. "I think I'm starting to like you too." she said. "I've never felt that way about anyone since the 9th grade." Almost 5 years. 5 years since she felt something for someone. I'm the first in 5 years. Just thinking about today and her makes me feel so happy. It was actually a pretty decent first day if you ask me. If I am going to go to that party, I don't even know what to wear. I've never been to a real college party before. I've only ever been to sit-down dinners and weddings where I wear dress pants, dress shoes, dress shirts and bow-ties. Wow. My life is pretty boring. I'll also need to phone up mum to ask if I can go. Wait, that wouldn't be cool at all. But I'd feel bad if I don't ask her first. It's okay to break the rules sometimes, right? Oh boy. I'll think about all that closer to the date. I shouldn't be stressing out about a party. This is what normal college students do on the weekend, they don't read or study like me. "Calm down Louis. It's just a party." I say aloud. I should think about something else for now.

Hmm... I wonder who my roommate is. I haven't gotten the chance to see him yet. He was here in the morning, I can tell. His bags are in and his side of the room is all messy. The refrigerator is stocked with bottles of vodka, wine and every other drink you can think of. On top of his bed are posters of punks or gangsters or something, and young women with almost no clothing on. Doesn't he feel ashamed? I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this guy, whoever he may be. The door to the apartment opens as soon as the thought leaves my mind. What a coincidence. It's one of Brittany's tattooed friend. Liam, I think his name was. He looks over at me as if he's trying to remember something. "So, you're my new roommate this year? Nice to meet you.", he says to me while stretching his arm out towards me for a shake. Not as bad as I thought. I shake his hand and introduce myself. "You too. I'm Louis."

"Liam." he responds. "How are you liking our campus?" He shuts the door behind him.

"It's good so far. Much larger than where I was last year. I've just moved here from England." I say as I sit down on the couch in front of the television.

"That's nice. Whereabouts in England are you from?" he asks, walking over to the fridge and pulling out a can of RedBull.

"Doncaster. What about you? Your accent sounds like it's from Wolverhampton."

"Yer it is actually. Smart mind." he smiles as me as he takes a seat in front of me. "Brittany tells me she's invited you to the party this weekend. Do you plan on stopping by?"

"I don't really know yet. I might."

"She really wants you to come you know. It'll be fun." He pops open the can and takes a long sip.

"Really? Okay then. Yeah. I think I will." I confirm. I'll go. If she wants me to go then I see no harm. It's just a little party. No big deal. I try to calm myself as I've started sweating about t already. I need to stop worrying about the party and worry about my school day tomorrow instead and get my books ready.

"You alright?" he looks over at me.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine."

Brittany's POV

I turn the music up and roll down the windows. The drive goes in silence and I sense something wrong. It's quiet. Too quiet for a drive with Alissa in the car. I look over at her and she seems tense. "Liz? What's wrong?" She snaps out of her thoughts and runs her hand through her hair. She takes a deep breath and gives me a weak smile. "Oh it's nothing. We'll talk about it when we get home."

"You sure? You look stressed."

"Positive. I'm fine, don't worry." she assures me and turns the volume even higher.

"You know you can tell me anything right?" I turn the radio back down, making it barely audible. "I'm your best friend. I'll always be here for you if you need me. You know that right?"

"Of course babe. Like I said, I'm fine." I sigh. I'm still not convinced and I plan on finding out soon.

I reach the parking lot to the dorms within 5 minutes and park the car in my regular spot. We get out of the car and walk over to the building. The elevator is taking forever so we just take the stairs. We're on the second floor so it doesn't take long. I dig my house keys out of my bag and unlock the door. Liz turns the lights on and heads straight to the bathroom. She shuts the door and locks it. I think I'll just give her some time. The dorm room that we have are much bigger than the other ones on campus. It's like a small furnished apartment. We've got 1 large bedroom where both the beds and desks are, a proper kitchen, bathroom, and a living room with a TV. Dave wanted to make sure I was comfortable enough and Alissa's parents wanted the same. I sit on the couch and turn the TV on. Reruns of "Lie with Me" are showing now so I just watch that. 30 minutes pass before the bathroom door opens again. Alissa walks out, her face red and tear stained. I've never seen her cry this much before. "Brit? Can we talk?" she sniffles.

"Sure. You go sit down in the bedroom and I'll get you some water." I'm extremely worried and my expression and tone reveal it completely. She nods and turns around to go to the bedroom. There's nothing I can think of that would make her so upset. I swear if Harry did something to her, he won't live to see tomorrow. I mean it. I switch the TV off and walk to the kitchen. I open the cupboard and get out 2 glasses and fill them both up. I drink from one of them and take the other to Alissa. I sit on the bed next to her and hand her the glass. "What happened?!" I ask calmly... panicking.

Notes:

Haven't updated in a while and this is also really short but I had to update something. Oh well..enjoy. Vote and comment. Ly x