Chapter 1

[Adam]

I fish for my keys in my back pocket, once I find them I quickly put them in the keyhole. The familiar comfort of home creep to me.

I heard footsteps on the stairs, knowing who it was. I close the door and small arms were wrapped around my waist.

"Well isn't it my lovely Layla." I said turning around and seeing Layla smiling and blushing. She placed a peck my right cheek as a greeting, to which I peck her cheek too. Her turning into dark red made me happy.

________

I settle my stuff on the chest-draw and a sigh escaped my mouth. I take my shirt off and see my newly made bruise settled on my stomach. Just then Layla walks in the room with a tray with tea and biscuit. Her eyes widen and her lips forms in a 'O' shape. She puts the tray away and walks to me. Her eyes widen more when she sees the bruise, she looks in my eyes with confusion. She forms her hand in a question way. Asking what happened.

"Well... um-just got into a small fight." I said scratching the back of my neck. She grabs a paper and pen and starts to scribble words on the paper. She hands me the paper, it read,

'I for sure know this isn't a "small" fight. What happened? And does the bruise hurt? You know what just stay here, I'll go get a band-aid.'

I look up and she's gone to get band-aid. I go sit on the bed as I wait for Layla to return. I take a sip from my tea. Soon she comes in the room with a band-aid and worried look.

"Look, no need worry. It's just a small bruise." She rolls her eyes and starts to apply some sort of liquid. I winced as it burns. She gives a sorry look but I nod and tell her to continue. She spreads the liquid all over the bruise and then wrap it with white cloth. She gives a thumbs up to me with a smile and I smile back her. She puts the band-aid away and brings the tray in-front. She excuses herself to the bathroom to wash her hands.
_____________

This was becoming a routine, everyday I'd return home with a bruise. And Layla would always ask what happened so today I decide to tell her.

"So, well... um-you know Yawer?" I ask and she nodded. Yawer was my very close friend. "He has a group of friends that work in my office too. Whenever I'm on my way to home they beat me up for someone unknown reason." Her eyes widen, she writes something on the paper.

'But why?'

I giggle, "I said for some unknown reason." She raises her right eyebrow and nods, writing something down.

' Do you know them from the past?' I shook my head a no.

'Something is fishy... and oh that reminds me, we have fish for dinner' I laugh lightly and nod. She smiles

"And yeah, something is fishy, as soon as Yawer returns from Jeddah, I'll ask him." She nods and grabs my hand. I'm guessing the dinner is ready.

She makes me sit in the table and pull a dish out for me. They dish was covered with aluminium file. "Shall I open this?" She eagerly nods and I curiously open the aluminum file. It was cake and it said "Happy 1 year anniversary to your work" beautifully. "Oh, so today is my one year anniversary to work." I say and get up and Layla nodded. I take her in a warm hug.

"I totally forgot, but now that you remembered - and it's my one year anniversary, let's go out for dinner. Like a date?" I say and her eyes widen with excitement. Her index finger of the right hand, and the in index finger from her left hand she forms a 'b'. Which means 'be right back'. I nodded and she ran to her room to get ready.

A very romantic night is a head of us.
_____________

Vote! And comment!