Chapter 19

A month later

[Layla]

"Salam Mr.Adam." Sidra said to Adam. He replied with a nod and a shock expression on his face when he saw Abdul behind her.

Today Abdul called Adam saying him and Sidra wanted to talk about something important. I hope nothing goes wrong.

The door bell rings, telling us that they are here. Adam goes to open the door while I fix the scarf on my head. I hear salam's. I stand up to greet them but my feet were stuck on the ground. Abdul was already staring at me while Sidra was behind him taking her shoes off. I quickly moved to the side with my head down.
____________

"So what brings you guys here?" Adam asked politely.

Abdul throws his arms over Sidra's back, "We have some news to share with you guys."

"Yeah? Go on."

"Sidra and I are gonna be parents." As soon as those words leave his mouth, Adam starts to cough.

"What? Wow. I mean Masha'Allah, congratulations." Adam rambles on.

Abdul starts to laugh loudly, "Just joking, bro." Sidra lets out a little laugh. I look at Adam with wide eyes and he looks at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Anyways we are having a grand grand party on the fourteenth of September. We will be pleased to have you guys there."

Adam looked at me again, this time with his eyes squinted, he doesn't feel good about this.

"Uh, yeah. We would love to be there, but if you don't mind me asking, what's the celebration about?"

"I got a new job at a hospital that pays better." He proudly says looking directly in my eyes.

"Ah, after an operation you did for my wife - that's great."

All colors fell from Abdul's face, "Excuse me!"

"Yah?" Adam sassed back.

"I know what I did, don't tell me what I did was wrong." Abdul angrily spat.

"Wonder how you got your degree without knowing anything." Adam looked at me And I gave a tooth smile.

"Excuse Mr. and Mrs. Adam, who gives you the right to talk about my husband this way?" Sidra said, for the first time, with coldness laced in her tone.

"Mrs.Abdul, we are just talking the truth. We know this *** from a long time and we are not exactly his fan." My eyes widen hearing Adam swear, it sounded... hot. Who am I kidding? Everything he says sounds hot.

"Mr. Adam i can swear too, so it's appropriated if you don't." Sidra spoke with a cold stare at my husband. I let out a angry puff and roll my eyes. This isn't the Sidra I know, she definitely has changed.

"Sidra leave this guy, we kindly came here for the invitation, we've done enough." Abdul said with an eye roll. Adam gave both of them an eye roll. Are we on type of the an eye rolling competition.

"Thank you for the invite." Adam replied.

_____________

After some tea, they left. I wonder what's so grand about him getting a new job, that he was throwing a party. I was happy to see Abdul talk politely and lovingly to Sidra. I hope he stays like that.