3: Phone calls

"What do you mean?" I ask, shocked.

"Your birth mother would like to see you, and take you back to live with her." Alfie calmly explains.

"But I don't wanna leave you!" I cry.

Zoe comes over and hugs me. "I don't know what's going to happen baby. I don't know if the option to stay here is available, or if you have to go and live with your mum. I just don't know." she responds.

Suddenly, my appetite has gone, all I want to do is curl up into a ball and cry.

I run upstairs and throw myself forcefully onto my bed. Now I'm not sad, I'm angry.

How could she do this? I'm so happy here, I never want to leave, and now my "mum" suddenly turns up and wants to take me away from my perfect life.

I don't even want to meet her.

No. I'm not going.

I run back downstairs and tell Zoe and Alfie that I want to stay with them.

They nod, and then Zoe picks up the phone to call social services to sort this out.

After a long conversation and some raised voices, Zoe puts the phone down with a grey face.

"It seems that you have to go and live with your birth mother if she wants you to live with her," Zoe says sadly.

"But that's not fair!" I cry.

"I don't think we can do anything about it." Zoe says.

"Actually, if we go to court, we can find a loophole and you might be able to stay with us. It might not work, but it's worth a shot." Alfie explains.

"Yes! Please! Please can we do that?" I plead.

"Okay," Alfie agrees. "But we're going to have to find a very good lawyer."

A/N

Ooh plot twist!

What do you think?

Eliza :)