8: Final Chapter

"Steve?!" Stan yelled.

Focusing our groggy eyes, we realise that it's not Steve, it's Alfie!

"ALFIE!" I scream, and launch myself into his arms.

"Steph! Stan! We've been searching for you for hours, where have you been?" He asked, confusion and relief showing on his face.

"Hold that thought, because we are being chased and she's gonna get us alfie she's gonna get up help run help us Alfie please!" Stan babbles.

Alfie pulls our hands and we run round the corner and climb into his car and start driving back home.

Pulling up outside our house, we jump out and Zoe lets us in, thankful to see us again in one piece.

We all go inside and sit down on the sofa's with hot chocolate and blankets, and start explaining what happened. Once we were done, Alfie alerted the police; Steve and Sally were caught trying to flee the country several hours later at Stanstead airport.

Then we were faced with a situation, technically Zoe and Alfie weren't Stan's legal guardians...

They spent hours late into the evening on the phone to several people and authorities, and eventually a meeting was planned for straight away the next morning with the foster care company that were in charge of Stan beforehand.

Stan slept in the spare bedroom and we slept right through the next afternoon, we were woken up at around 3pm by the front door shutting.

It was Zoe, back from the meeting.

"Stan, welcome to the family!" She cried, and we all hugged, including Nala.

The company also confirmed that Stan and I were twins, it felt so good to have my missing half back with me!

Steve and Sally were sent to prison, and  everything turned out okay in the end.

But now I know for sure that Zoe, Alfie and Stan will always be my family, and I'll never leave them for the world.