Chapter 1: Demise

I was unfortunately given a weak heart at birth by the god of this world. To add fuel to the fire, I was born into an upper class family full of elites with the title being Sinclair. The Sinclair Family lies near the top of the food chain in terms of power and influence. My grandfather, the current head, built his fortune from a very young age and succeeded through his charisma and excellent business skills in entrepreneurship and now reigns as a fearsome man in the upper class stratum.

My father, his oldest blood related son, runs the main branch under his orders. Due to some unclear reasons, him and Grandfather are clashing in ideals resulting in the revocation of his succession. Unless Grandfather approves of them, practically anyone that meets the requirements of what my grandfather has set forth can become the successor. Someone outside of the bloodline who also works in the companies my grandfather runs may also run to become a successor, but can only become the head by marrying into the bloodline.

Despite my father losing his chance of being the head, his children are allowed to participate in the succession battle. Meaning, my older brother and I have the same opportunity of becoming the successor.

Alas, for someone with a weak heart cannot survive such a strenuous conflict.

The man known as my father happens to detest my very being. From birth, he has avoided my presence for as long as I can remember. At age seven, that man threw me away. Having no mother and no relatives willing to take in a weak bodied child, my grandfather offered me lodging at the his own abode.

"You look very healthy these days," Doctor Frei, my personal attending physician, said with a smile.

I attend a hospital that my grandfather heavily invests and donates in. One of the best doctors in this hospital sees to my needs. He is a very kind old man most likely around his late fifties. He was a large and slightly pudgy with a full head of curly white hair and thick mustache.

"I see..."

"How has school been lately?"

"It has been fine. There really is not much going on. I guess there are a lot of notes that I need to catch up on."

"These regular checkups are not really helping much. I don't really like making you come here to tell you the same thing every time you come here."

"Come on, Doctor Frei. That is your job."

"I am not a very big fan of this job..."

"I believe that you are just not a fan of working."

We laughed together softly. Doctor Frei stopped abruptly and carried a serious look on his face. I knew exactly what he wanted to talk about.

I sighed quietly.

"I don't have much time now, do I?" I said bluntly.

"My... You are a blunt child."

"I have always been blunt."

"I'd say you were more of a wild child."

I chuckled softly. "How so?"

"You were always one to run away from your appointed checkups."

"I wouldn't call that wild. A lot of people do that," I said as I got coffee for myself.

"However, you are the only one that actually jumps out of a window or climbs a tree to get out of your checkups." He sighed.

"I like to be creative," I said as I sipped my coffee slowly.

"You and your creativity drives this hospital on its hairs."

"I won't be able to to bother you or this hospital for long..."