Chapter 12: Warehouse Lockdown

"Ugh," she groaned.

"Hi!" I said as I pulled a sack off her head.

"Ow... Where am I?"

"My warehouse," I answered with a smile.

"W-Why did you bring me here?"

"To kill you of course."

"Kill me? Come on... I only wanted to scare you," she said as she started to struggle in her restraints. "I don't think that warrants death."

"You approached me with the intent to kill me. I take it that you are ready to be killed yourself," I said as I loaded a needle syringe with a serum.

"What is that?" she asked nervously.

"Just a little present from me," I said as I ripped her sleeve open to bare her skin.

"N-Nooooo!"

I injected her with the serum into her veins.

"What was it?"

"I'm not telling you. There is no fun in that."

"Damn you!"

I grabbed a chair and sat in front of her.

"Let's talk, shall we?"

"I don't want to!"

"I see..."

I injected her with a different kind of serum. After a few minutes, the effects started to kick in.

"What is your name?"

"Like I'd tell you..."

"I'll ask again. If you do not want to be injected with the other serums I have here, you should start answering my questions. What is your name?"

"Sofia..."

"Good girl. I'm Cana Sinclair."

"I know that... Why am I so drowsy?"

"It's the after effects of the drug I injected you with."

"It's awful..."

"What is your full name?"

"Sofia Ascott..."

"Why do you hold a grudge against my grandfather?"

"My parents borrowed money from him... When business started to pick up, his men kept badgering my parents for money. We didn't have enough to pay back the money we owed just yet and their constant visits were not helping either. My parents couldn't handle the pressure and killed themselves. I got separated from my brother and started living with my aunt afterwards."

"How did you find out about me?"

"I researched your background quite a bit and saw you entering your grandfather's mansion often. I figured that you were important to him, so I decided to make you pay for him... I saw you coming here and blended in with the crowd."

"That was quite stupid of you to charge at me. The weight of killing someone is not easy to handle."

"I know that... I just couldn't stand it. I couldn't stand how beautiful your life was. You live in a beautiful house and are surrounded by people who care for you. I started to hate you afterwards."

"I see," I left my seat and bent down as I placed my hand on her cheek. "I feel sorry for you."

"Your hand is warm..."

"Let me tell you this, while you are still conscious. My grandfather is not a crude person to order people to do that to your family. You were unfortunately hit by a scam. I'm sorry for your loss," I said as I released her from her restraints. She soon fell into my arms and passed out. She told me everything even though I only gave her some anesthesia for her pain.