Chapter 6: Forbidden Fruit

Age seven...

Rumble...

Rumble...

Bump!

When I woke up, I found myself in the back of a moving vehicle with my hands and feet tied together along with a piece of duct paper over my mouth.

"Mm!"

"Oh? Awake now?"

Who?

When I looked up, I saw a group of shaggy grown men with tattoos all over their bodies wearing suits, buttoned shirts, and thick gold jewelry. I felt a wave of fear. These were not any normal kidnappers. They were obviously from the mafia.

"Mmmm! Mm! Mmm!"

[Untie me!]

"We can't understand what you're saying, Missy."

The van soon came to a stop. Someone threw a potato sack over my head. One of the men picked me up and threw me over onto his shoulder. He soon dropped me roughly onto a black leather couch, removed the sack, and peeled duct tape from my face. The man who first spoke to me earlier sat across a large desk and sat in a large black leather swivel chair.

"Greetings, Miss Sinclair! I welcome you to my home."

"Please release me... You won't receive ransom for me," I said nervously.

"Hm? Why is that? The granddaughter of the famous head of the Sinclair known throughout countless cities is not important? How laughable."

"Grandfather? I have never met my grandfather before."

"Strange family you have there. Your father will come for you though."

"He is probably thanking you for taking me away from you. He hates my existence."

"There is no way that a man like him will forget his own daughter. Someone get the man in question on speaker."

[Ring... Ring...]

"It's me speaking. Who is this?"

"I'm the kidnapper. I took your precious child away. Would you like them on the phone?"

"Precious? I have none. I only have tools."

"How cold of you to say that... I have your daughter in my hands."

"Is that so?"

"Yes... How about we discuss ransom? We are quite civilized people. Prepare the summed amount and nobody gets hurt."

"Is that all you have to say?"

"Huh?"

"I am a very busy man myself. Good day..."

"Wait... Wait... Don't you care about your daughter?"

"If she is stupid enough to get herself caught by some amateur kidnappers, she should not be allowed to be call herself as my daughter. Do as you like with her... I am a busy person, so please do not call me back ever again."