Chapter 13: Nethe Sinclair

"It's me, Grandfather..."

"How masculine... Can't you answer the phone in a more feminine manner?"

"...That is not important now. I finished my mission."

"It is very important," he said sternly.

"Grandfather..."

"From the top!" he said as he hung up on me.

He is so difficult to deal with at these times...

I took off my red contacts and placed them in a container. I then took off my bodysuit and put on a white frilly blouse with a short black corset skirt with a white birdcage pattern print. I tied a large black ribbon with lace trimmings around my collar. I then pulled my black nylon stockings up and tied a frilly headband to my head and wore a short necklace accented with a Victorian ornament.

When I was through changing, I called my Grandfather.

"Greetings, Grandfather. It's Cana."

"Good!"

"May I ask what is with this selection of clothing?"

"Is it not great? I chose it myself!" he said proudly.

"I look like a Lolita fashion type girl! I asked for some clothes, but I did not expect this..."

"That is proper attire for a young aristocratic princess. Have you forgotten that you are one?"

"That's right..."

"Good work on your mission. It has been awhile since you have done work."

The Sinclair family seems much like a mafia. This area is controlled by our family along with various other parts. Among our vast wealth, lies an underground part where we could always fall back on as well such as collecting money from debts, negotiating trade routes, and taking hitmen like jobs from other people.

There is little illegal action occurring unless no one tries to hinder our work or does something disgraceful like that man from before. In cases like that, we 'punish' them and wipe their existence by destroying the rest of the body.

Why I do these kinds of things is probably because of my grandfather...

Everyone is born with a certain level of adaptivity. Adaptivity determines one's ability to survive in the world. It all started years ago with my first kidnapping case. I reached the highest snapping point of my life. It seemed that some thread that held my sanity together finally broke.

A defense mechanism kicked in which would alter my personality forever. I casted my weak self away and casted a spell onto myself where I was strong. I was not particularly weak because I trained myself everyday. I was generally a weak bodied person. Increasing my own strength through light exercises helped in decreasing my panic attacks and helped on lightening the strain on my body caused by my heart.

However, something happened on the first time I was kidnapped. My sanity snapped and the feelings of suppressing the monster inside of me came loose. The result of it was where I singlehandedly destroyed the whole syndicate with my bare hands. I was apparently gifted with skills and strength of a professional mercenary for some unknown reason at a young age.

Maybe, deep down, I was wishing for this kind of destruction because I knew very well of the feeling of being destroyed from the inside. I projected my feelings of discontent onto those people in the syndicate. It just shows how much I wanted everything to burn around me. The monster inside of me is a result of those unhealthy feelings.