Chapter 8: Azaleas

Present time...

My time at school felt as if it were passing by slowly when studying. I loved the sound of my pencil tapping against my paper on my desk and watching the outside scenery of the outdoors day in and day out.

It was finally lunch break.

Lisa and Flo walked up to my desk abruptly and dragged me to to courtyard.

"What's happening? Guys?"

We suddenly stopped and sat on a few benches.

They both had sullen looks on their faces.

"Why didn't you tell us that you were being bullied, Cana?" Lisa asked

"Is that the only reason you guys seem so serious? It's no big deal really..."

"The 'only' reason... Of course it is a big deal!" Flo exclaimed. "We are your friends. Rely on us a little more... We also heard that the girls threatened to bully us too for associating with you. That's a lie. They have always hated us. They just wanted a reason to bully us. You're different though. You are fragile..."

"I'm weak... It's alright to say that. I know it very well myself."

"I didn't mean it like that, Cana..."

"No, it's true... I can't save anyone with these hands. I am sorry if I offended you two. You two mean the world to me. I don't mind being teased a little. I just didn't like the thought of them wanting to bully you by using me as an excuse."

"Cana!" they exclaimed together as they hugged me tightly.

A trio of girls from the other day came up to me with slightly angry expressions. Lisa and Flo acted as a wall and blocked them from my view.

"Who are you guys?" Flo asked in a gangster like voice.

"Flo, that is very unladylike of you," I said softly.

"Surely, you people are not here to offer yourselves as fodder for my pet tiger," Lisa said calmly with a smile on her face.

The girls backed away slowly from Lisa's comment.

"Lisa, that's a little scary," I whispered as I tugged on her sleeve a bit.

"Oh my... That slipped out of my mouth on accident. Hehe..."

"Your eyes are definitely not laughing..."

"She has a tiger," one of the girls said nervously.

"Do you really have a tiger?" Flo whispered.

"Yes, I do. She sometimes slips away from her cage when I'm not looking. She gets very hungry easily... Her favorite meals are haughty high school girls."

The area around us dropped 10 degrees immediately.

"I'd love to pay you girls back for what you did to our Cana at my home."

"Hey... Angelic Lisa come back please," Flo said softly. Her voice broke a little. "Anymore and winter will come early this year."

I got up from my seat and walked past Lisa and Flo.

"That's enough you guys. Also, Lisa... You are too scary. Now, what do you guys need from us?"

"It's not us... It's her," one of the girls said as they revealed a girl wearing red glasses hiding behind them shaking nervously.

"I... I wanted to talk to Cana," she said nervously.

"Yes?"

She bent over and placed a bag of cookies in front of me.