Chapter 1

This one is for my very dear friend I call Miss Gupta. So my lady in red if you are reading this you know this whole story goes out to you. I hope you enjoy it.

Chapter 1

Niyati Gupta breathed a sigh of relief as she closed and locked her apartment door. She felt weary after putting in eighteen-hour days for the past week. Finally the deal closed today and she was free as of five O' clock this evening.

Five years!

She took a moment and leaned against the door wearily. She had moved to New York five years ago to take over a rundown hotel owned by her family. For the first three years she had put in lot of her blood and sweat into the place to bring it up to a standards of a five star hotel and she has succeeded to the surprise of her family.

For the past two years her place had been the highest grossing hotel owned by G&S (Gupta and Sharma) corporations that was started by her two grandfathers and they would have been proud of what all she had accomplished in the past few years.

Dropping her keys on the front table she headed for her bedroom. She took in inventory of her apartment as she walked thru the long hall towards her bedroom. Soon she will start packing everything so the moving company she hired can collect everything and deliver it to her townhouse in Baltimore.

When she moved to New York she had been lost and hear broken, the hotel had given her sense of direction and kept her too busy to think about all that she had left behind in Baltimore. Her grandmothers once again had come to her rescue.

Both sets of her grandparents have always been her saviors. They took over her educational needs and her training in her teen years and continued to guide her, as she grew older.

She will always be grateful to them for taking a troubled teenager under their wings and making her a smart and sensible young businesswoman. She had finally learned to think with her head and not with her heart, if only she had learned that lesson early on.

But now is not the time to reminisce about the past. It is time to look into the future and think about how to bring their company into the modern world. It is time to take their corporation to the next level.

It is time to go back to Baltimore and take over as the managing director of G&S Corporation.

She stepped out of her shoes and stripped as she walked to the bathroom and stepped into the shower.

She quickly lathered her long dark hair with her favorite jasmine scented shampoo and massaged her scalp until she felt herself relax. She scrubbed her body with her favorite soap then stayed under the shower for another few minutes.

Her shoulders slumped in defeat as she turned off the water then towel dried her hair and body in rapid motions. She felt a twig of sadness at selling the first hotel she managed but it had to be done in order to move back home.

Putting on her most comfortable pair of pajamas she headed to her large kitchen. Noticing the light flashing on her answering machine she pressed the play button to listen to her voice mail as she prepared something to eat.

The first two messages were inconsequential so she ignored them but the third message put a smile on her face as soon as she heard the voice on the on the answering machine.

"Hey beautiful, you know who this is. Call me."

And the fourth message wiped the smile off of her face.