Chapter 8 ~ Coming Out

A few days later:

  Yugi and Yami had been seeing eachother after school for a couple of days and Yugi was really begginning to realize his true feelings for Yami. He decided to bring up telling Yami's parents, despite the time he had been over at Yami's and met them.

  "Yugi, I can't tell them!" Yami shouted.

  "But  you told my grandpa!" Yugi snapped.

  "Yeah, but he's a lot more friendly!"

  "So? You'll have to tell them sometime, you can't just keep it a secret your whole life!"

  "Oh yes I can, the school year's almost over just 2 more months and I can move out and pretend I don't even have any parents."

  "What if we get married? Won't they go to your wedding, or at least hear about it?"

  "Well then I won't invite them to my wedding!"

  "You can't do that!"

  "Ladies, ladies, break it up." Yusei laughed.

  Yami scowled at him, "This is none of your buisness."

  "Well have you realized yet? Yugi's considered marrying you Yami, if you hadn't noticed! Come on, he obviously likes you a lot, you should tell your parents, he'd wait for you, only two months Yami!" Yusei exclaimed.

  Yami looked at Yugi. Yugi blushed hard, realizing he would wait for Yami.

  Yami laughed at Yugi's unreadable expression, "Would you really wait for me?" Yugi looked at Yami and found himself nod. Yami sighed, "But I'd miss you so much..."

  "Well you never know how your parents will actually react." Yugi said.

  "Yeah Yami, come on, you gotta tell 'em." Jaden said.

  Yami nodded slowly and sadly. Yugi smiled and came over and gave him a hug.

Later on:

  Yami dreadfully got out of his limo and walked up to the mansion, "Mother, I am home, I need to speak with you when I come in."

  "Fine." his mother's voice rang from the speakers, then the door opened. She stood behind the doors and Yami walked towards her, the doors closing behind him. "So what did you want to talk about, you better not waste my time." she snapped.

  Yami bowed his head then looked back up at her, "Mother...I..." he decided to do it bluntly and looked directly at her, "I'm gay."

  "WHAT!?"

  "I have a boyfriend."

  "WHAT!?"

  "I'm dating Yugi Mouto."

  "WHAT!????" Yami's mother stared at him for a minute, "You were never an acceptable child, but this is ridiculous!"

  "Yeah? Well you were never an acceptable mother!" Yami yelled.

  "You don't dare speak to your mother that way!"

  "I can do whatever the hell I want! Just because you got a boy instead of a girl doesn't mean you have the right to treat me like shit! Just because I'm not the smartest kid, or the most talented kid, doesn't mean you have to degrade me and make my life a living hell!" Yami shouted, tears already forming in his eyes. Everything he'd been bottling up suddenly rose to the surface.

  Yami's mother stared at him for a moment, then looked sadly away, "Go to your room."

  "WHY!? WHY THE HELL SHOULD I LISTEN TO YOU!" Yami screamed.