Chapter 16 ~ 2 Days

In the morning, Yugi tiredly woke up, It was Saturday now, He only had two more days. He had Friday and Monday both off of school due to cuts in schedule. Yugi had today, tomorrow, and on Monday, Yami would either leave, or stay. If only Yugi would say the magic words.

  Yugi sighed and got up to get ready, "Another day..."

  "Did sleeping help you figure it out yet?" Yusei asked.

  Yugi jumped, "When did you get in here!?"

   Yusei ignored the question and continued, "Did you understand what I said?"

  Yugi sighed, "Is everyone trying to get me to tell him?"

  Yusei shrugged, "I know if you really love him, he won't go. Should I be worried otherwise?"

  Yugi sighed, "I...don't know."

  "I think you do."

  Jaden juped out of the closet, and Yusei quickly slapped a hand over his mouth and held him back tightly, "Let's go Jaden." he said, then nodded a goodbye to Yugi and they went out the door.

  Yugi sighed, "How did they both get in here? Did I leave the window unlocked?" Yugi checked the window, and sure enough, it was unlocked. He wondered if they had been in his room all night, just waiting for him to wake up again. They were very unconventional, and a bit...over-zealous, but it was sweet that Yami had people who cared about him so much. Maybe that was why Yami was single. Additionally, the way Yami had approached him wasn't any less subtle. Yugi laughed at the irony. Yugi checked around his room to see if Yami was hiding out as well, just in case, and then changed out of his pjs and headed downstairs. He said goodbye to his grandpa on his way outside and was greeted by a smiling Yami outside.

  "Good morning." Yami said warmly.

  Yugi felt a strange tingling feeling, "Two more days."

  Yami rolled his eyes, "Don't remind me, I don't want to pressure you, I want it to come naturally."

  Yugi smiled and nodded then shyly kissed Yami on the cheek. Yami beamed and took his hand then led him down the sidewalk.

  "Where are we going?" Yugi asked.

  "Somewhere." Yami said, winking. They stopped in front of the candy shop.

  Yugi giggled, "I remember this place."

  Yami chuckled, "I'll keep it as a fond memory, always."

  Yugi looked at Yami, "Why do you seem sad?"

  "No reason."

  "Yami...I know I'm being difficult, but I do care about your feelings."

  Yami sighed, "You got me thinking about leaving again, I sort of wanted to forget about it for today. Give you all the reasons and opportunity to say it, with the good times we've had together. That's why I brought you here."

  Yugi looked at the store's sign, smiling bitter-sweetly at Yami's words, "Well, if we're really meant to be, I'll be able to tell you."

  Yami smiled, "Of course."

  "YUGI!" Jaden shouted angrilly.

  "Jaden, calm down." Yusei said calmly, but still sounded tense.

  "No, he still hasn't told Yami!" Jaden growled.

  "Calm." Yusei commanded.

  "No way!" Jaden snapped back.

  "Babe."

  "Uh uh!" Jaden pouted.

  Yusei rolled his eyes, "Stop. He'll get there."