Chapter 7

*Adams POV*

~11:00pm~

It's dark. My eyes were straining to see something, anything. I hear the sound of heavy labored breathing.

"Hello, is anyone there"? I yelled into the darkness

"Yes I'm here, I can't see. Who are you?"

That voice. Even when frightened it still sounds beautiful, not being able to see her was killing me inside. I wanted nothing more than to see her face again and just as the thought crossed my mind there she was not more than three feet away from me crouched down on the floor with her eyes closed. I went to her and as gently as I could I took her hand so she could know she was safe now.

*Liannas POV*

Whose hand is this? I thought as a felt a gentle hand on my own. I reluctantly opened my eyes to see him looking at me with eyes so grey they were almost like crystals. The look on his face was pure joy, I couldn't help but smile and the smile he gave to me in return made my heart melt.

"Hello, my name is Adam" he said to me while smiling

"I'm Lianna"

He took my hands and helped me stand up. We were now face to face.

Wow. When I realized it was him chasing me and not the beast I thought it was there was no time to really look at him. He was surprisingly attractive, ear length hair wavy and golden orange. His skin is so beautiful. Gold markings ran down his neck and the rest of his body I assume and those eyes that made me feel so safe. My head only reached his shoulder.

He's so tall. I was so caught up in my own thoughts that I didn't even realize that he was still staring at me.

"You're so beautiful Lianna"

I could feel my face turning bright red, I couldn't stop myself from blushing nor could I stop the huge smile that spread across my face.

"Thank you" I couldn't look him in the eye I was too embarrassed.

*Adams POV*

I don't know why seeing her blush like this makes me feel so good inside, I guess this is what it's like when you find your mate. The littlest things about them make you happy. She was hiding her face not wanting me to see her reaction but I needed to look, I mean really look at her.

"Please don't hide from me" I said while slightly squeezing her hands

She slowly raises her head and met my eyes. She looks so innocent. My hand seemingly of its own will, raised to her cheek and caressed softly. Her skin was warm and smooth to the touch. A little whimper left her lips and its taking all that I have not to take her face in my hands and kiss her.