Chapter 9- "you're the shithead"

~Ariana~
Next Day
After another tiring day of hellhole, oops I mean school, I soggily walked into the living room as I dropped my bag on the couch. I had not much homework, apart from the child project, there was no writing down and evaluating, it was just look after the baby or you'll fail.

I walked updates and for dressed in my lounging clothes, which involved one of Ashton's sweats that I stole, and a grey pyjama top, I took off my makeup and lazily put my hair in a bun.

Today Ashton had invited the boys over for a movie night, Ash had asked me to join, I hesitated but I realised if I had left Calum alone with the baby we'd fail. So I said yes.
They hadn't came back from school yet so I sat on my bed FaceTiming Nat.

Another hour or so passed and I the boys were now here. I hadn't bothered to go down and meet them. Hoping they'd forget the fact that I was supposed to Jim them for the movie night.
Calum had the baby today, I told him to stay away from trees and bees.

Knock knock knock
"ARIA PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR"i heard Calum scream, the baby was crying hysterically.

I sighed
"I'll call you later Nat bye" I said as I ended the call.

I opened the door, to see Calum holding the baby looking at it confused. The baby was crying loudly and it made my head hurt.

"Just shut it up" he said handing it to me

" nuh uh, it's your turn, remember it's a group project" I said blankly as I went back to my bed and handing it back to him

"Exactly group so help" Calum said walking in to my room.

"I already have,I got the fricking baby out of a tree, it's your turn" I claimed rolling my eyes

"But a group as in 'we'" he said proudly

"You"

"Us"

"You" I finished

He sighed as he plonked on my bed with the baby, which made it cry louder.

"Calum!"

"At least tell me what to do I tried feeding it but it won't shut up"

"Try changing it" I said focusing my attention on my computer.

"Ew gross no" he said scrunching up his face.

What a girl.

"Calum it's a doll, don't expect it actually shit you shithead" I said annoyed

"You're the shithead" he said looking at the baby, but talking to me

After a while he slowly began to undo the nappy, he was looking away.

"Man, it's hard being a single parent" he said

I froze.

He stopped and looked at me as I stared blankly at my wall.

My mum was a single parent.

"Ari, I... I'm sorry" Calum said his eyes soft as he spoke quietly.

I snapped out of it.
Calum Hood just apologised to me. First he thanks me and now he apologises.
I made a brave face and looked at him.
He looked truly sorry which made my chest hurt.

What the hell.

"Ari I-"

"Don't call me Ari"I snapped at him

He frowned.

My chest grew tight.

"Fine, Ariana" he mocked

I said nothing. Surely the moment we had was gone.

"Can I call you Riri" he said mockingly

"No" I said blankly

"Well that's shit"

"Talking about shit, change the fucking baby" I said getting up from my bed.

"Talking about shit, your face ha" he laughed

There was the Calum I knew, not a sympathetic person with an actual heart.

"Just the change the baby" I said rolling my eyes

He opened up the diaper, revealing just water.
He seemed unfazed.
"Told you" I said walking out the room

"Whatever" he mumbled, I could basically hear him rolling his eyes.

We still had four more weeks of this project, if it turned out to be like this everyday.
Someone would get killed.

AUTHORS NOTE
YAY ANOTHER CHAPPIE TYSM FOR 100 READS ASDFGHJKL YAY
-Eshal x