Chapter 18: I Was Right (Jade)

PLAY VIDEO FIRST!!! 

~~~~~ 

We drove all throughout that day on the way towards Seattle. We didn't know what to expect when we finally arrived. We just drove. We stopped a few times for food and gas, each stop getting closer and closer to Seattle. We passed the time by playing unusual car games but most of the time Ayden had to call his agent and make up for lost time attending events. So we mainly stuck to our phones while Ethan was driving. Ethan and Ayden split the time driving but Ayden had so many calls to make so Ethan ended up doing most of the driving.

"Do you think our mother ever regrets giving us up?" Skye asks out of the blue as we're driving through a small town in Oregon in the middle of nowhere. Her question popped out of nowhere and snapped me out of my thoughts. We were trying to be quiet since Ayden was on the phone, but Ayden has since hang up and we seem to have lost the conversation. To be honest, I haven't even thought about the parents and their reaction to if or when we find them. And if we ever have the chance of finding them, do we interrupt their lives to bring our drama? I'm sure they don't want to deal with who's stealing whose secret crushes or ex-boyfriends. Or worse-they don't want our drama since they already have a family.

"I'm sure she has her reasons," I shake my head cautiously, "she could have gotten pregnant at a really awkward time in her life." She nods slowly, as if contemplating my answer to her question. 

"But what if she doesn't recognize us?" she asks afraid. "What if she completely shuts us down and we never reach her again?" She fiddles with her hands rapidly. This I didn't really have an answer to. It's hard to wonder who your parents are. All your life you think you know someone but then one day someone else comes along. I look down at my hands nervously. Ever since I found out I had a twin sister, I had this feeling I belonged in the world. Before, I was just some Hollywood starlet who made her living acting and starring alongside egotistical jerks. Today, I actually feel like I'm a part of something special, even if it's just me and her.

"Everything will work out," I say, grasping Skye's hand to comfort her. "We will always be sisters, no matter what happens." She smiles over in my direction and squeezes my hand tightly. And that's when I realized it: our new sister bond can never be broken. Even with all the problems that seem to come with it. 

"We are just heading into Washington right now," Ethan says. He turns to Ayden as he coasts down the Pacific Coast Highway. "When do you want to drive? Or I can keep driving until we get to Seattle."

"I can drive right now. I'm not busy right now," Ayden explains.

After Ayden and Ethan switch places, and the four of us drive through Chick Fil-A for chicken nuggets, we are on the road again. The previous awkward silence from California and Oregon is gone, for the four of us are talking and laughing like we're old friends. Well, Skye and Ethan are old friends.

"Whoa, you kissed Austin Butler?" Skye exclaims to me as we make an exit off the highway. "For real? How was it? Tell me everything!" she squeals in delight. I giggle and grin.

"He was so sweet! It was for a movie we filmed that summer for Disney Channel. After the kiss, we were both awkward and shy but then we ended up laughing about it," I giggle.

"So I have to compete with Austin Butler, a movie star now?" Ethan throws his head back and laughs. "Thanks!" He gestures up a thumbs up in my direction. I throw a fry at him which we bought with our chicken sandwiches at Chick Fil-A.

"Considering she competes with Mindy Thomas is enough," Skye shakes her head. I cock my head in her direction. "You didn't meet Mindy? God, she was a bitch." Ethan turns around in his seat and stares wide-eyed in Skye's direct view of him.