[4] A new home

When they arrived Amy walked inside and they led her to her new room and she sat on her bed alone, she unpacked her brothers baseball and her eyes watered.

She unpacked Mr. Snuffles and her tears let loose, making her cheek hurt which made her cry even more. Amy finally unpacked all of her stuff and went downstairs for an ice pack.

"Um.....can I have a ice pack for my cheek?" Amy asked, Bruce, Dick and Alfred looked at her and then Alfred got her an ice pack. Amy put the ice pack on her cheek then winced, "that bruise isn't healing at all, the Joker hit you pretty hard." Bruce pointed out.

Amy said a slight "yea" and sat down still holding the ice pack to her cheek.

Amy walked in the kitchen and Dick was surprised to see her, she asked for an ice pack then sat down. Her bruise was really bad, Dick couldn't help but stare at it.

"Is my cheek that bad?" Amy asked, seeing Dick staring at her bruise, "uh...no....not really?" Dick said awkwardly, obviously lying, "so it IS that bad" Amy said.

"Dinner is ready!" Alfred called out, Bruce and Dick started out to the dining room when Dick stopped and asked Amy, "you coming?" Amy stood there for a sec then said, "uh...yea..I am pretty hungry."

Dick gestured for Amy to follow and they went to the dinner table and sat next to each other.

Amy looked at the meal and her mouth dropped, "uh...you have eaten steak...right?" Dick asked. "Um...no" Amy responded, Dick grinned then said, "well then today's your lucky day."

Amy tried cutting her steak but failed and she frowned, Dick grabbed her plate and started cutting her steak. When he was done he gave it back and Amy said thanks and took a bite "mmm! This is delicious!" Amy exclaimed, "try it with A1 sauce and prepare to die." Dick said grinning playfully.

Amy poured some A1 sauce on her plate and tried it with steak and her eyes widened, "this is so good!" Dick grinned then went back to eating his meal.

"I am glad you like it Miss Amy." Alfred said, Amy smiled and when everyone was done they went outside and had some fun.

Amy heard someone say her name and screeched, "Nutty!" Amy ran to the cute little squirrel and Nutty said, "hey Amy! I heard you live in a nice fancy mansion! And you got adopted by these people because...Joker...you know." Amy sighed and said, "yea....but I have you Nutty!"

Amy picked Nutty up and gave him a slight hug, "so what are you doing here?" Amy asked, "well...um....my parents...and family.....died....of many ways...birds, people, dogs and others." Nutty responded sadly, "oh I'm so sorry Nutty! You can stay with me!" Amy said excitedly, "what about your new guardians." Nutty asked, "well...uh...we'll figure something out," Amy said with a smile.

Dick came to Amy and looked confused, "uh....hey....squirrel?" Dick said, "uh....I found this squirrel and he was caught in something so I helped him out." Amy lied, Amy gave Nutty a 'go so it'll look true' look and Nutty ran off.

Dick looked at Amy not believing what she said, I mean he was the second greatest detective in the world. Batman's THE greatest detective in the world, "oh...uh...animal lover?" Dick asked awkwardly, "uh...yea actually." Amy responded smiling.

Dick smiled then said, "then I think you'll want to see this." Dick grabbed Amy's hand and went to Bruce's room where a big, but cute, dog was sleeping.

Amy gasped and said, "aw he's so cute!" Dick whistled and the dog ran up to Dick and licked his face, "Aw Ace stop it!" Dick laughed as Ace pushed him to the ground and licked his face.

"Uh...hey...Ace?" Amy called, Ace looked at Amy and barked. "Hey! Who are you?" Amy looked at Ace and whispered, "I was adopted by Bruce when my parents died."