Chapter 9

Dracos Pov

I awoke to light breathing next to me and rembered what happened last night.

She told me she loved me.

I really do love her. And I want to marry her.  If you told my 13 year old self that at 20 I would be lying in the same bed as Hermione Granger, I would've laughed.

She stirred slightly in her sleep and turned to face me.

We got up and dressed, ready to go to the hospital. We arrived and I instantly got a wave of panic. I hated hospitals. With passion. I spent half of my sixth year in them and that was the worst year of my life.

Third person POV

"We're looking for Mr Granger?" Hermione asked the receptionist.

"And you are...." The woman asked with a cold voice, but not taking her eyes of Draco.
"Hermione Granger. His daughter."

"Well you should have said. Sir?"

"I'm Draco Malfoy." The woman looked up in hope. She obviously new about his fortunes.
"Her fiancé." The receptionists face fell a little and gave Hermione guidance to her fathers room.

"Daddy....?" Hermiones hands went to her mouth in shock, and the tears were threatening to fall. A steady hand fell on her shoulder. Draco couldn't believe his eyes.

Dan was lying on the hospital bed, with pale skin and blue lips. There were bandages across his body and his torso had a bloody patch on it.
Jean, was stood next to her husband completely distraught.

"Mum....? How?" Hermione choked.

"We don't know..... Nobody does...."

The two Granger women collapsed to the ground and hugged each other, with Draco stood awkwardly at the side. But, as he looked closer at Dans wounds, he noticed something peculiar.

"Hermione, these injuries...." She stood up and stood by Draco, looking at the horror in his eyes.

"What? What is it?" Hermione asked, slightly alarmed. Draco only replied with two words.

"Dark Magic."